1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Help with first script

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by heatrange85, Oct 29, 2019.

1. heatrange85

Hey,

I've been wanting to get into writing scripts bots, and after writing a simple chicken killing script bot I wanted to test if it works.
    After going through the committing process I tried pushing the script bot to the queue, I then got a message that said I would be contacted through forum private message.
    I have not yet received a message after about 1.5days, and I was wondering if I messed something up, or if there might be an issue here.

Thanks in advance!
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 29, 2019, Original Post Date: Oct 29, 2019 ---
    Resolved.

2. lb25

I have never published a bot myself, but I use them in debug mode all the time.
    You don't need to push a script bot to test it. Try testing/debugging it in Eclipse or your favourite IDE instead of trying to push your code just to test it. Bots that you push to git, are for publishing/distribution, not really for personal testing.

3. Good Luck

Hi, i wanna make some simple bots for mining smithing etc. but kinda stuck :p how much would u take to get me started?

4. lb25

First just try to get your IDE setup and be able to launch runemate in debug mode. It will probably take a few outs to get that going once you know what you're doing. Have you chosen what IDE you want to use? There was a tutorial somewhere on this website for getting started with one of them. Its a MUST, trust me. Once you get it going, I'll be happy to help you through your first bot.

5. Good Luck

Awesome! I Will Check that out and come back to u :)