1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Hitting "Start Instance" on Linux does nothing.

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by numbblock, May 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. numbblock

Java version: 1.8.0_131 (latest and up-to-date)

I have the official oldschool runescape client for Linux. I can launch clients and login/play no problem. RuneMate can also properly launch and detect open clients, but upon selecting one and hitting "Start Instance", it goes to the "load circle" thing and then just goes back to the instance selection screen having done nothing.

I tried it with various different bots that I have used before on Windows and nothing worked.

Any ideas? I wanted to try and post a log, but hitting "view logs" crashed the client...I saw in some other threads the suggestion, "completely reinstall runemate, runescape, and java", but keep in mind I literally just installed all 3 of those things so it isn't getting much fresher than this (and they all launch/run fine other than this).
    --- Double Post Merged, May 13, 2017, Original Post Date: May 13, 2017 ---
    I checked the logging.properties file in the runemate directory, said that the default location for log files was in the user's Home directory, but I did not see a log file there, so I assume one either isn't generated automatically, or there have been no recorded errors...?

I tried opening RuneMate and just immediately hitting the "View Logs" option in the Help Menu, but again, it just freezes the program until it crashes/closes.

2. Anunnagi

Same issue, using Oracle JRE - same version as OP. Linux Mint 18.1

3. Mia Malkova

Looks like this problem hasn't been fixed.