1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved I GOT HACKED BY RUNEMATE

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by loungevs, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loungevs

ONCE I USED THIS RUNEMATE CLIENT, MY ACCOUNT INSTANTLY GOT HACKED. I never been hacked before EVER. Just used this client to login and got hacked. Fuck this shit. Even bought membership on this website.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by American Express, Sep 28, 2018
  3. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

upload_2018-9-28_20-53-4.png

That's how many people have used RuneMate.

Posting the same information I do every time this topic comes up:

• Are you sure you haven't used an easy to guess username/password combination?
    • Or that you're using a combination that has been leaked from an external database breach?
    • Or you downloaded a gold generator or similar program?
    • Clicked on any suspicious URLs from Twitch streams etc?

There is NO way RuneMate would hack you for your gold/items. We would not risk our entire reputation over the small amount of gold/items any user would have.

Furthermore, from the moment you enter your username/password combination in to the client, the information is immediately encrypted and impossible for anyone to read and use.

Bot Authors do not have access to your username or password. The only person who does is YOU.

There have been many accusations of this over the years and almost every single time without fail the user has later determined the fault occurred elsewhere.

To summarise and make it extremely clear, RuneMate did not hack you and steal your items.

4. loungevs

Then why I have never been hacked before, ever in my life. I downloaded your clients, once logged in from your clients, then account instantly was hacked.

Furthermore, i used unique password, i don't use it anywhere else. Also I have another account which wasn't used to login from your client, that account wasn't hacked. So explain me this.

5. American Express

There's nothing to explain. Why would we risk our entire reputation hacking someone for the little amount of gold they have in their account?

Every single other time I have personally dealt with a situation like this, the user has later admitted to the hack being caused elsewhere - account sharing, easy to guess combinations, gold generators, dodgy/phishing websites.

Sorry to hear that you were hacked, but I can assure you it wasn't due to RuneMate.

Even if we wanted to steal your account information, we couldn't as that content is encrypted the second you enter it in to the client.

6. loungevs

Ok but I have other account which I haven't used your clients, its working fine. And I haven't used any other software or anything else. That moment when I added login and password in your client, account got hacked. It's not coincidence

7. American Express

It is a coincidence and I am sorry that you fail to understand that.

Please read this again and let it sink in:

Sorry to hear that you were hacked, but I can assure you it wasn't due to RuneMate.

Even if we wanted to steal your account information, we couldn't as that content is encrypted the second you enter it in to the client.

8. VirtualEyez

VirtualEyez Script Manager

Did you download any other programs or bots along with RuneMate? Even within the few days you could have been easily inflicted with malware and not known it before you even found RuneMate. I'm just saying keep an open mind I doubt RuneMate would hack accounts

9. DoughBoi

You're obviously missing something that breached the security of your account, or you just happened to be the victim of a BruteForce attack (which is very easy on RS) . This is the only client i'll personally use, and considering the amount of people I know that use it as well. Yet none of them, nor myself have ever had any issues. Alot of those people happen to be a target due to their publically known ingame wealth. Stakers / Dicers / Streamers etc

10. Dont Ban me Bro

To be completely fair,
    If RM could do this, all they would have to do is go around a target .001% of the people and get them, and post this generic response up, and make everyone think they are crazy, all the while make cash.

I agree with you, and think the guy is a loon,

11. loungevs

Yeah always claiming that it's my fault. When i never been hacked before. Also worth mention, only that account which was used on Runemate client was hacked. For others I used official client and OS Buddy. So I got hacked because of your shitty software. Still fighting with Jagex to get back account.. Cheers.

12. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

The account that has been hacked, have you entered the credentials of that account in the runemate client?

13. loungevs

Yes I added them, then client tried to login, then login was unsuccessful and account hacked.

14. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Uhh that sounds like the account has been hacked before you even began using runemate...

In that case the following is unrelated but worth noting nevertheless. The only way runemate could play a role in compromised accounts is if you enter the credentials of your account. Because then anyone who has access to your runemate account can let runemate do the job of logging into that account and take over from there on.

However that would mean the hacker would need to read the password from the games memory in order to login at runescape.com and change your password.
    Additionally runemate offers 2FA to prevent anyone except you from accessing your account.

So if you ask me, runemate wasnt directly hacking your account, and since your password has been changed even before starting a bot, i suggest you look for different subjects to blame...
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 7, 2018, Original Post Date: Oct 7, 2018 ---
    Yeah lets keep it real, if the owners really wanted to, they could bypass this. It's just to prevent accounts being fucked if there's a data breach.

15. loungevs

First, it wasn't hacked before. Secondly it was brand new account. I mean about Runemate. It was created and after 10mins I tried to login.

Thirdly I added BANK Pin on RuneMate client. I made this stupid mistake and hacker was able to open Bank account. I never ever before put Bank PIN anywhere else, except RuneMate client.

Also as I mentioned, all account were working fine except this one which was used with RuneMate client. Same Computer, same day, same hour and same person (Me). Only that account which was used on RuneMate client was hacked including Bank PIN. I tracked that person and I saw how he used my gear from bank.

Still thinking it was hacked before? Nope it wasn't. I'm not stupid on security, but in this case once in my life I was and lost account instantly.

16. yesstress

yesstress Safe Botter

lol, look at this dude

17. American Express

So you're trying to tell me, that someone from RuneMate was sitting, desperately waiting for you to enter your account details, so that we could "hack" you within 60 minutes of entering your account details?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

yesstress likes this.
  18. valithor

When was the last time you logged into the account?

The thing that you seem to be misunderstanding here is that you could create a brand new runescape account and never once login to it (leave it choosing character customizations on tutorial island) and it could get hacked. Sure there are things that take passwords, but there also people constantly trying to guess the password of accounts. Just because you happened to enter the information on runemate and you were unable to login does not equate to runemate being the one who took it.

Runemate itself has a reputation to protect as being a quality bot (they made more money off you buying something on this site than your entire account was probably worth), and all bots that are approved here go through a fairly extensive check to make sure there is nothing malicious in them.

#17 valithor, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  19. loungevs

I logged in 5min on Official client, before using Runemate. then downloaded runemate and once I put login/password/ BANK Pin code, then I started client and my account was hacked Instantly.

I know these script bot how they work, its a business.

20. Swych

No, you didn't.

/thread

21. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Man i tried being considerate towards you because i understand your frustration, but honestly you gotta think about what youre saying. At this point it's completely nonsensical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.