1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a suspicion on how Jagex determines who are bots or not.

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by KBMBICH, Jan 24, 2020.

1. KBMBICH

I have an account where I play myself more often than botting. When I am botting I'm always watching it to ensure nothing goes wrong.

I have noticed, that whenever I'm using bots, I get a disproportionately more amount of those NPC's spawning in trying to get me to do tasks or puzzles. I rarely get them while playing normally. Their behaviour analysis software probably spawns these in on accounts suspected of using bots due to odd behaviour or long term repetitive movements.

I suspect that Jagex uses this as a component for determining who is botting or not, as a lot of bots won't dismiss these.

Maybe I'm late to the party on this one but just what I've noticed.

2. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

belief bias

MrBlazinHerbs and Swatarinaess like this.
  3. Chieftain

Chieftain The only AI bot developer

These speculations are a waste of time.I dont know why people are always posting these threads speculating on Jagex's detection methods.Show us experiments/tests.

4. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Even with tests the results wont mean anything. random NPCs are not random, they follow patterns, which arent fully discovered yet, but still known to exist (see swampletics videos on how he does certain activities to get more randoms).
    so even if during botting you get more randoms, it might as well be because the scripts bots behavior is triggering the npc pattern more often

MrBlazinHerbs and Swatarinaess like this.
  5. Djspecial

I try to get myself to alot of information about how runescape is running. That allows me to play/bot more safely.
    The NPC`s get spawned in when doing (x amount) of ticks/plays/steps/interactions etc.

For example:
    I get the strange fruit npc thing alot when doing KBD legit with a buddy. I see the genie the most when botting hill giants.
    NPC`s get spawned in when a player is playing the game. Triggering an NPC with special interactions with the game.

There is no way of telling that they target bots more. But as mentioned above a bot could "trigger" the npc more often.

6. pupp3t

Its not that, its hardware VS Software. i have built a device, and i have mines from lvl 1 to lvl 60 in matter of a day. There is no ban, i went from lvl 1 mage to lvl 95 and 1 range to 99. still using the account and no ban, now i did the same thing with scripts bots and bam, Ban, They look to see if your Hardware mouse is moving or not. They also check the Software matches theres. there is alot of different things. But for now, i will stick to my Hardware box i have built.

Good Luck likes this.
  7. Mrbigglesworth

I've noticed this too. I think it's the repeated perfect clicks over a long span that triggers more random events. I wish there was an easy way to add a 0-3second delay after every action.

8. Juacob

Hardware box? can you explain please?

9. merkle

ya no shit thats why all bot frameworks deal with this extensively, runemate is the only bot framework i have used that does not auto deal with them and auto complete... very odd.