1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want a refund

Discussion in 'General' started by Throwawayaccount, Feb 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Throwawayaccount

I was using the VIsualrm bot and it was being laggy compared to all the other times I was using it, it was stopping everytime I started the program immediately. I lost .15c or 3 hours of botting time because you guys charge for the hour even if the bot runs for 5 seconds. That's such bullshit you need to figure this shit out because your current method is absolute dog shit. No one is gonna sit there refreshing their premium bot if you add a safety of 1 minute runtime to the premium bots.

2. Chieftain

Chieftain The only AI bot developer

OSRS recently just updated,it could of broke it,on Thursdays(or whenever there is a OSRS update),test free bots that typically work, before you run premium ones.

3. Throwawayaccount

How about we actually fix the problem and give a 30 second window before being charged for the hour? Surely that makes more sense than constantly having to be worried about something going wrong.

4. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

I've still never understood why this is such a big problem to some users. If it doesn't work the first, maybe the second time, just stop using it and try a different bot/give it some time. Worst case scenario you lose about 10 cents which I don't think requires this level of indignant.

Also you can just reply to the relevant bot thread/pm the bot author and ask for a refund for the 15 cents if it bothers you. Personally I just gave a 15 cent refund for one of my bots crashing yesterday, no fuss.

American Express likes this.
  5. Throwawayaccount

So you think there's nothing wrong with the way RuneMate is handling it now? You think it would be stupid to get rid of the "big problem to some users". It really is a simple solution to a problem a lot of people have, some people don't even realize that it charges them as well. It honestly isn't about the money so much as I want Runemate to stop being so blind to this issue when it doesn't require a complicated solution at all.

Maybe a better title would have been " I want change" but I doubt that would've grabbed as much attention.

6. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

To clarify, I'd support changing it because some users seem to feel strongly about it, but all I'm saying is I don't personally fully understand why.

Anyway, it probably won't be changed as admins don't typically see this as an issue, but more power to you. But to get your refund just post in the thread for VisualRM and request it.

7. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Closed as this will just keep going around in circles.

The FAQ clearly states how to handle these situations:

Tutorial - Wallet and Premium Bots FAQ

Why am I charged every time I start an instance?:
    Upon starting the bot you will be charged for the first hour of use. If you only run the bot for 30 minutes, you will still have been charged for the full hour. If you stop the bot manually and restart it, you will be charged again. If the bot breaks, doesn't work or you are overcharged and you feel as though you deserve a refund, post in the relevant forum thread for the bot you are using, providing supporting evidence (eg: how the bug occurred and log files) and it is at the author's discretion whether they refund you.

Djspecial and CuppaJava like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.