1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Increased CPU Usage following recent update

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Cursed, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Cursed

Hey Support forum, ever since the previous update my CPU Usage with Runemate has spiked, continuously between 40 and 90% with no bot running. Runescape client itself takes up about 4%. Prior to this, my fans wouldn't even activate unless I had 2 or more bots running. I have an i7-6560, and there has been no issue with this until last week.

Any ideas what's going on?

Nature Rune and Lhufascorp like this.
  2. Lhufascorp

My client has been freezing since the last update when running 5 bots. I do not know if it has to do with this.

Nature Rune likes this.
  3. Wet Rag V2

same.

Nature Rune likes this.
  4. Swych

5. Cursed

[​IMG]
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

In this image, you can see my processor utilization before and after closing Runemate, around the 15 second mark. The decrease is pretty apparent, in comparison to the baseline 10-15% utilization.

EDIT: Image tag not working.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 9, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 5, 2018 ---
    Issue persists through updates with no acknowledgment. Hopefully nothing fishy is going on with development. Switching to another bot until this is resolved.

6. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

It just looks like a badly written bot. I experience no issues when testing my bots locally.

7. Cursed

Huh? It's the bot client itself. There is no bot running, it's literally only the Runemate client. It runs my GPU and CPU near or at 100%. Super fishy. Maybe cryptomining. Changing to another service, thanks.

8. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

Lmfao. You've got it wrong buddy. Literally no one experiences his client running the CPU and GPU to 100% but you, but you still think it's a client issue?