1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it safe enough to bot?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by thisnthat, Feb 22, 2017.

1. thisnthat

I would like to know if it is safe to bot currently and if there's a way to lower my chances pf being detected.

2. Party

Party Client Developer

Yeah, by not botting like a moron. My main is sitting at over 105M xp (OSRS) the vast majority of which was botted.

3. staffix

staffix Superior All Knowing Person!

You can always link my private bot's log hours x) hahaha

- but ya, i've got two accounts atm that i play on myself..
    1) (main) 1750'ish
    2) (project) 1570-1580 total

also, clear ur jagex cache once in a while.. and use a VPN if you're paranoid.. i don't personally use a VPN at all times, but it's nice to have.

4. rsplayer1

When you switch skills to bot do you completely avoid one skill? Or do you do the same skill but mix it up with others?

5. Party

Party Client Developer

I bot how I would play normally (if I had 8 hours a day to play).

6. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Yeah, by not botting like a moron. My main is sitting at over 250M xp (RS3) the vast majority of which was botted.

7. Party

Party Client Developer

copycat bish

Haris01211 likes this.
  8. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Yeah, by not botting like a moron. My main is sitting at over 350M xp (RS3) the vast majority of which was botted.

9. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

copycat bish

10. rsplayer1

Unless you get banned. Wouldn't clearing the jagex cache be counter productive? Since the jagex cache establishes a history, and if you do it right the history may make your account look not like a bot.

11. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Correct

12. archnemesis

You need to think of it like this; Jagex knows the vast majority of it's player base bot. It is not economically feasible to have to play all day in order to actually get the levels you need. If they banned all of these 'players' then Jagex would reduce its revenue through membership sales etc, because eventually everyone gives up trying to make a new account after being banned from botting.
    IMO, Jagex turns a blind eye to most botters as long as they play like an average player would play like (given they could play 8 hrs a day). You only start getting banned when it becomes either too obvious (so Jagex need to make a statement by banning), or if you gold farm.
    Therefore, the best way to bot is modestly, atleast try and make it seem you are playing the game and not botting 'for the sake of it'.
    Remember, Jagex needs to make it seem like they are against botting and will take any action necessary to ban all bots, even though in reality, they really have no choice but to turn a blind eye to a lot of it.
    With that being said, don't bot the same thing for hours on end. I used to do that and that is what got me banned. With the account I use at the moment, I have a botting offense, but 20m xp later (majority botted), I am yet to recieve another infraction. I am not saying I will never get banned, but I took a break and came back with a different attitude to botting. Now I usually change up what I bot every 1-2 hrs and play legitly between, when I can. I have also had to stay up to seriously early hours (8-9am) whilst finishing university assignments etc and used that time to do legit stuff and talking, adding to the credibility of my character being online in those kind of hours.

Syndromes likes this.
  13. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Yeah, by not botting like a moron. My main is sitting at over 650M xp (RS3) the vast majority of which was botted. True story.

14. unexist

unexist Does not exist.

im alwayse switching between rs3 and 07 botted both quit a bit no bans so far but like everyone else said just dont bot 12hrs a day everyday or on comon botted spots / f2p

15. staffix

That's the way i've done it, and none of my high total accounts are banned ;)
    I didn't say it is "the only way" to do it.. i just said it's my way ;) and it's been working flawless for me.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 22, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 22, 2017 ---
    @Party Can you make a screenie of my login sessions? apparently people still think botting for XX hours gets you banned X)
    just leave out the info ^^

16. rsplayer1

What do you mean by botting for XX hours get you banned? Are you saying that hours dont matter? (for OSRS.)

17. Party

Party Client Developer

@staffix RuneStats is down at the moment, but he ran one of my private bots for a session of like 2 days and 19 hours without breaks. Guys insane. Made a stupid amount of money too.

staffix likes this.
  18. staffix

Yes, i've had multiple 24+ hour sessions on OSRS... the account is 2½ months old.. i stopped counting after 5½ days botted.. but when he get's it up and running, i'll have a statistic to prove to people that botted hours on OSRS does NOT matter.

As i've tried to say so many times, its not the hours that matters.. it's the area / public profile that you're being used :) and soon, i'll have the statistics to prove it.
    *insert evil laughter and a thunderous background theme*

19. skrall

Yeah, by not botting like a moron. My main is sitting at over 1.4B xp (RS3) the vast majority of which was not botted, but 300Mish is, just the dull skills :p

20. rsplayer1

That is insane........ I hope you are right about this. Please make the statistics soon and when you have it make sure to tell me.

Thanks bro.

EDIT : What does "public profile" mean?

#20 rsplayer1, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017