1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it safe enough to bot?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by thisnthat, Feb 22, 2017.

1. staffix

staffix Superior All Knowing Person!

It's abit out of my hands for now, the idea with it is to make it like the statistics in my signature (the yellow thing)..
    if i can get party to do it, it'll add up profit made in every ended session.. making a session gp/h etc. basically exactly like the things in my signature, but automated.

- public profiles, profiles that are available for everybody - not a private script bot, basically you can bring an idea to a writer.. and pay them to make it for you (if they want to) and then you're the only one with that specific bot :)

2. rsplayer1

Wait so public profiles wont work with just any bot here? ( meaning i can't do it?)

Also, even if hours don't matter, you'd still have to change skills to bot often right?

3. staffix

Ohh god..
    let's see if you get this..

let's say you want to do woodcutting, then you go into bot store.. and find a bot there.. that 5000 other people uses..
    which, in my statistics.. gets you banned more often -> since it's a heavily botted area.
    not saying all runemate scripts bots gets you banned because they're available for everybody, simply just saying you'll get banned faster killing chickens in lumbridge than killing kalphhites in the slayer cave..

let's say i want to do woodcutting, then i contact somebody who i know is a good writer.. and i tell them what i want to do and how much they want for it.
    Then! i test it, pay the money.. and now i have my very own bot.. with a completely custom setup after my wishes, aka. spots, types of trees to cut.. banks to use etc.
    so in the end, i'll be botting in a non-populated area, since i've already picked an area that isnt "varrock cutting oaks" like the 10.000 other bots X)
    so! imo. player reports gets you banned, nothing else.. i've tested it, player reports do "add up" and gets your account banned / checked out.
    meanwhile my other account, who's been botting more or less 18+ hours a day on OSRS.. made me xxx million in the process.. doesnt even have a warning yet (for the past 2½ months).
    that's 18 hours pr. day x 30 days (on avg) = 540 hours x 2½ = 1350 hours botted... or 56'ish days .. out of 75 days or.. 1800 hours..
    so in 2½ months, ive had 19 days offline in total. which sounds like alot, but its "only" 456 hours in total.

- and that's with the estimate of 18 hours pr day.. i know i've botted more (i've had multiple 48 hour sessions), party's tracker just havn't been active for that long :/
    And i only bot that much with the private bot, not with my "own" accounts.

so yeah, based off MY experience through the statistics / "data" i've saved.. it's obvious that using profiles that other people uses, gets you banned faster than private ones.

I'm not saying public bots are bad, but you get what you pay for. It's the same reason why you expect a Nissan GTR to be better and faster than a Fiat Punto.

^^^^
    That's a fucking essay X)

4. rsplayer1

So you are saying the the reason private bots are better is because it allows you to bot in non-populated places which prevents players from reporting you?

So in the end the only thing that bans people are "player reports"?

So for public bots that let you customize the place , let's say for example "Alpha fighter". Would these public bots be just as good as private bots because it gives you an option to train in a place where most people prob would not train in?

5. staffix

6. rsplayer1

Ok thanks, and for your bot that you said botted for 18 hours per day. Is it the same skill everyday? If not how often did you switch skills?

7. staffix

I probably bot more than 18 hours a day, but it's a decent average. Yes, and i don't switch :)

8. Mr_Moggy

for the most part it seems pretty safe to bot if your purely using runemate, i suicided FM, Theving, fishing and botted about 60m xp in other stats so far and nothing yet, although id never suggest to suicide bot anything.

9. spanishguy

I know it depends on the type of script bot, but generally, how much would something like a private blast miner or something like that cost would you think?

10. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

Yeah, by not BEING UNLUCKY. My main WAS sitting at over 300M xp (RS3) the vast minority of which was botted.

Although I have goldfarmed (10-14 hours per day) on the same select few accounts for 5 months with no bans.

11. staffix

Look at it this way, you're paying for a service.
    It's the same as going to a mechanic, they have hourly wages - so does writers (ussualy).
    It's nearly impossible to say how much it is, a set mount from the start, paid by the hour, price on completion, % of your profit you make with the profile etc.
    I think somebody made an estimated calculation of how much a slayer bot would cost, and it was like 5.000$ ?
    i'm not 100% sure if it was a slayer bot, but they basically took the hourly wage * x hours = the price.

There are most likely people on the forum that doesn't talk on the forum/shoutbox that makes thousands of $ every month.. that has private stuff that also costs alot..
    but the "regular joe" would probably look for something in the area of 50-100$ for a private profile, maybe more. it also depends if the writer is busy with other things etc.

spanishguy likes this.