1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS3 Is this enough?

Discussion in 'General' started by kristiaan, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Salvation

Salvation First Bot Author

For rs it's more than enough, but for other games you would want to upgrade the GPU to one with DRR5 memory, it improves loadings times A LOT

2. kristiaan

Thanks :) any suggestions for a GPU? :) i am thinking of getting a GTX 970 once the new cards come out so i can enjoy a discount :D
    or maybe a NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 this one got a very good review in Belgium atm :D

3. Salvation

Salvation First Bot Author

The 970 will definitely be worth the money, it's a very good card.

I myself own the r9 290x, which is also ridiculously cheap, but if you get an amd card i highly recommend going with the Sapphire brand, their quality is outstanding.

Derk likes this.
  4. YubiBotter

For the most part, it's a matter of budget.
    Any card such as a 270X/280/280X and a GTX 970 are all fantastic cards for their price, 970 being hailed for being one of the most cost effective cards currently.
    Also from experience there usually isn't much of a price discount when a new generation of cards is released, usually not much point in waiting.

His card does actually have GDDR5, the DDR3L I was referring to is system memory, albeit a very strange choice for an actual desktop.

5. SlashnHax

In the opening post, OP says that his card has 4GB DDR3, and looking at this page http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-745-oem/specifications the card actually uses DDR3

6. YubiBotter

7. SlashnHax

From what I can tell, anything following the xx5 naming tends to be pretty terrible xD

8. YubiBotter

Never actually seen a card use DDR3 before, then again I never usually recommend or deal with cards that low, I'll always fit a decent card in a build.

9. SlashnHax

Yeah, it's pretty common on low end cards I think. Same here, I rarely deal with cards like that xD

I wonder how HBM is going to shape up :p

10. YubiBotter

I personally don't understand what AMD is going for with the Fury cards, 4096 bit memory interface is lovely and all but that's not really what we need right now.
    A bit nitpicky of me, but their reference watercooler really could do with some aesthetic changes, looks real bland from leaks.
    We can hope they'll turn out well, I'd do anything for some Nvidia price drops right about now so I could pick up a 980 Ti :p

11. kristiaan