1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jagex's secret police

Discussion in 'General' started by S Q U R E L, Jun 17, 2018.

1. S Q U R E L

This is more oriented towards rs3 but probably also applies to old school.

Jagex has a team of secret police that will modify your interfaces or character while you're botting. It's rare for them to target you but if you do, it's probably going to be over for you very soon.

When I was first "botting" with a highly randomized autoclicker that I wrote (roughly 1 year ago), I was high alching at the grand exchange. The first couple weeks ran smoothly; no issues at all. But in the last week before ban and especially in the last few days before ban, my interface windows would be all messed up -- action bar minimized, inventory minimized, etc -- and my character would end up clicking into space or running like a maniac. Then boom -- permanently banned on a 10 year old account. I'm certain that this was some sort of manual intervention on the part of these secret police.

And consider kazemanie's post in this thread:
    RS3 - DIV botting = instaban

Up until about a year ago, I botted approximately 35m Divination XP, generally 8-12 hours per day with absolutely no problems.

Then I was manually banned. Somehow the account was in a different location. My suspicion is that Jmods are able to teleport your character to another location, and see what your character does. Bots will obviously break where a legit player would be able to go back to the spot without issue.

This is what happened prior to receiving the ban:

It was harvesting as normal and then ended up somewhere, immediately before being manually banned (bot busting moderate).

I had not run the bot in 7 days or so, ran it for two hours, stopped briefly and then restarted for the session below:

00:11:52 - [DEBUG] Waiting for all memories to be converted 00:12:25 - [STATUS - Pastebin.com

A long time ago I also saw similar testimonies on other forums, but I can't find them anymore.

If you have some suspicious stuff happening when you check back on the bot, you probably have something to worry about. So watch out.

2. Overwatch

"Secret Police" Time to whip out the tin foil hat mate.

Jmod's can teleport players near them. That's nothing new. It has always been used during bot busting.
    Interface thing is can be a client related issue and i doubt that Jmods can alter your interace. I think it is saved locally ? I'm not sure

3. S Q U R E L

No, it 100% includes interface modifying. My autoclicker attacking slot 1 is WAY off from the inventory icon several hundred pixels down.

4. EvilCabbage

I've honestly seen this in OSRS. Right clicking things in the inventory resulting in an empty menu.

5. SilenceP44

I doubt that this is some kind of anti bot method from jagex as it's not effective in anyway for a decent written bot

6. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Sounds like a bug to me but I could be wrong. I know this happens if you right click an item as you're entering a new area (eg if you click teleport, instantly right click something, the menu will be messed up when you finish loading).

7. S Q U R E L

so your bot can handle a situation when you get teleported into a room that can't be exited? somehow I don't think so

8. Negrita

Path to bank/npc not found > log out?

9. S Q U R E L

did you read the pastebin? the path is found, but the bot can't follow it

Negrita likes this.
  10. Overwatch

Jmod's don't teleport you randomly for the fun of it. If they teleport you , that means they are 100% sure that you're using a third party program. At that point , it doesn't matter whether your bot can handle it or not because you're gonna get banned anyways.

11. 6th Symphony

I can relate very much to this , few years back when i was botting hunter on my main. I ran the bot for about 8 hours and when i came back to look the ability bar is minimized and the minimap has shrunken. How can i know this? I was so used to that interface and i can tell if somethings up and if any changes had taken place. After 2 days or so, i got perm banned.

Also referring back to the post Forgotten Botter made. It would be good to lay low on divination for a while.

12. 6anon6

That's not the "Botting Police", it's the bot accidentally clicking and dragging a part of the interface. I've seen it happen with my own eyes. The solution is to make sure the interface is locked (in settings).

The ban must have been either coincidence or due to the bot possibly screwing up other things in addition to the interface resizing, and becoming more obvious.

#12 6anon6, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    CuppaJava likes this.
  13. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

14. S Q U R E L

except for the fact that I was using my handwritten autoclicker, with instantaneous clicks only, and not a bot.

15. 6anon6

Interesting. If you tried to replicate this, how long do you think it would take for this to happen to a new account?

16. S Q U R E L

You can give it a shot, i can send you the code if you like, but i don't have time now.

I would guess maybe 1 or 2 weeks. Note that this is on rs3

17. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Mate... For the last time, Jagex is not shifting around items in your inventory without the player causing it.

18. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Falling for bait in 2018

19. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

He isnt baiting he's dead serious

20. S Q U R E L

it didn't shift items, it modified the interfaces