1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for new PC for OSRS botting

Discussion in 'Programming & Hardware' started by Z4Die, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Z4Die

Hi guys, im looking for new pc for OSRS botting. I would like to run about 20 bots at one time and im looking for this server pc Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com it is about 300$. Is it good or bad? I think that this configuration is good for botting because cpu has 10 cores and 20 thread. And lets do some math, i have an i5-2500k (4 cores / 4 threads) and 1 bot with runemate takes 25 % of cpu usage. So and on server cpu it will take an 1 core. Is it good purchase for botting or not?

#1 Z4Die, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  2. YubiBotter

Alright so I don't usually look outside my thread, but this is my initial thoughts upon looking at it:
    1) I don't see that chip running 20 bots, if it were a more modern chip then sure since it has 10 cores and 20 threads.
    2) To exacerbate the issue, multiplier overclocking is disabled on Xeon chips and FSB overclocking is disabled by the motherboard BIOS anyway.
    3) 8GB of RAM is almost certainly not enough.

Just to be clear, it is a good configuration for botting, but I don't expect it to hit the 20 milestone.
    Unfortunately you can't necessarily calculate bot count when you're comparing two different architectures, especially when their clock speeds are different.
    The only way I think is logical would be to find a benchmark that has both chips in question and use those to determine how many you can run.

Using the "Raw Performance Index" here, I would guess that Xeon would run roughly 8 bots.

I'm sure you already noticed, but it's also lacking a PSU.

#2 YubiBotter, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Z4Die likes this.
  3. Fumos

Fumos Social Engineer| C# | Java | MySQL | HTML |

My specifications:
    i5 6300 3.2 ghz
    8GB RAM
    GTX 960

botting and results:
    My CPU takes around 95%. I run 5 clients + runemate. Each client is around 10-15% and runemate by itself is between 15-20%.
    You can easily do the math to know what you need. I checked your link out but I cant decrypt russian.

I suggest to take atleast a Dual (i3) or Quad Core (i5) or someting equal in russian since those clients and runemate take power.

4. Z4Die

Thx for reply, but im looking for configuration which can run about 12-16 bots i think that this conf will run those. Can you plz answer what cpu will be better for botting. Xeon e5-1660 (overclocked, 6 cores/12 threads) or this Xeon e5-2660 v2 (but not overclocked).

PS. sorry for russian language in my link i thought that it changed automatically. You can also just type Huanan in Aliexpress and choose my conf.

5. Fumos

Fumos Social Engineer| C# | Java | MySQL | HTML |

I would go for the Xeon e5-2660 v2. More Cores means a more balanced system.

6. Z4Die

Thx

7. YubiBotter

The E5 2660 V2 is better, but as previously mentioned I don't think you'll get close to 12 bots even.
    While it's a far cry from the 12-16 bots, this build would be better assuming you have a shitty CPU cooler you can put on it.
    It's better because:
    The Xeon is an E5-2680 V2, essentially the same chip but clocked ~600mhz higher on every core, if you keep it cool you may also see benefits from the higher clockspeed with Turbo Boost.
    The RAM is also a better configuration, the X79 chipset is a quad channel socket so it only makes sense to buy a build that has a minimum of 4 RAM slots populated.

I'd hazard a guess of 10 bots with the aforementioned build.

And that isn't necessarily true, more cores typically means less IPC resulting in poor single thread performance, and I'll note OSRS doesn't use more than one core.