1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Looking to get more info on scripting

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by BruceScript, Oct 24, 2015.

1. BruceScript

Hi,
    Im relatively new to this site but I'm not new to RS. Im currently taking java programming in college and would like to supplement my course with creating bots for a game that I enjoy. What I want to know is a couple of things.
    1.) Would it be possible to view the source code for a bot that's already on the store but is not working 100%( ex( The RC bots work but they break down when going to the abyss because of the DS mini map update). I would like to make a full functional DS abyss bot.
    2.) I don't fully understand how the viewport method works! Could someone please provide with with more references. or examples of how to get your character to walk a specific path?

2. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

1. There are open source bots on the bot store that you can download and take a look at. Remember to consult the original bot writer if you're going to update his/her bot and plan to re-upload it, leechers are idiots. ;)
    2. A quick snippet below:

Code (Text):
    1. Path x = BresenhamPath.buildTo(yourLocation);
    2.                             if (x != null) {
    3.                                 ViewportPath.convert(x).step();
    4.                             }