1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Making a Basic Treebot From Scratch [Video - 1:31:33]

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Resources' started by Snufalufugus, Apr 12, 2017.

1. max4186

I haven't watched the entire guide yet so I am guessing that it could be included in the tutorial.. however.. could you make an additional guide if not on how you gathered that starting information? The coordinates specifically etc.

2. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

dev tool kit

3. bobsmoop

Just learned this topic this semester in uni
    Never thought of using a tree for a bot before

4. MtDarkness

Fantastic tutorial. I am learning how to build scripts bots for runemate, and this is so incredibly helpful. So thank you thank you thank you for this.

Despite my programming inexperience, I do know logic. If the bot is in castle wars, the bank is open, and there is no ring of dueling, the bot should check for an equipped ring and if no ring is available, stop the bot, not simply try to withdraw a ring of dueling. Cause once this thing is out of rings in the bank, and it is at castle wars, it's not going to know what to do. It will realize it has no ring equipped or in inventory and open the bank and freeze rather than intentionally stop the bot.

Also, and this may just be preference, if the bot isn't in the iron region and it isn't at castle wars, it would make more sense to look at the inventory and decide whether it CAN mine (gear check) and then decide if it needs to go to the iron region or castle wars (inventory check), not teleport to castle wars by default. This would ensure that it isn't starting up somewhere like Varrock and then teleporting to CW (and wasting a charge) just to tele to the iron region.

I'm not trying to pick this apart, but I just started looking at this and saw a few issues that would make this better. Hope this is helpful to someone. ^_^

5. Arlic

I believe the purpose of the tutorial was to explain how a treebot works and give a rough example of one, which is definitely accomplished.

6. lilelf

very clear and well explained. Thank you very much for this!

7. Emerald

Thank you for the guide! I hope to look back on this post one day to see how far I have progressed. Here's the start of something great!

8. Darwin_

Thanks this will certainly help me with creating some nice scripts. Do you have the source though?

9. theSmeg

thanks for this tutorial @Snufalufugus, definitely saved me a lot of time trying to figure out how things are laid out in runemate

10. TheNoobRagnar

Very clear tutorial about how to make a bot, thank you. Does anyone know how to get the color of the mining rocks?

11. Memer

@Snufalufugus

I may be a bit late but looking to make some basic bots for myself which aren't in the store.
    Everything is understandable until you get to the coding part (with string/inventory.contains/...)

I'm planning on watching a basic java guide.
    Are there any runemate specific guides you'd recommend after that?

edit: i have no coding background but don't mind learning it as it seems interesting to me.

12. Snufalufugus

Just read through the api and look at open source bots from the bot store