1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a bot with Genetic Algorithms to continually evolve

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by goody599, Feb 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. goody599

Hey, been around and have previously done a lot of work using both ML, DL focusing on Genetic algorithms at uni for robotic purposes. Kinda curious as to how feasible it would to make a bot to use these algorithms and methods because I reckon we could make it mimic a humans actions perfectly. Especially when it comes to break management.

The reason I am asking this is I am just kinda curious to idea as its relatively easy to implement these algorithms for robots I believe it would be as well for runescape as well.

2. Defeat3d

Defeat3d Primate

3. x3r4

did you think of a task? "make a bot use the algorithm" is quite vague

also,
    how many accounts/ip addresses do you have at your disposal? I would not do this if you dont at least have several thousand accounts.
    you say it needs to mimic humans, but how will you evaluate this? what is your fitness function?

if you're serious about this, test your algo in a controlled environment (private server) first and then carry on to the game

#3 x3r4, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    iTzRaDiaNTTV likes this.
  4. goody599

The aim of it was to seem if it was feasible and it is after a lot of trail and error. You don't need multiple accounts or IP addresses as it is undetectable after the 10th generation and what I meant by mimic humans was mimic visual behaviors we see on the screen. For example blast furnace, how long does it take a person take out the gold, smith it, grab it and grab a new bunch. How many movements in total do they make. On average how long do they do this for. How many miss movements do they do in a certain instance?

It took some time but it does work and is rather efficient and the ironic part is it detects bots movements perfectly and as a result you simply filter out all the results of a bot. The hardest part in doing this is converting knowledge from C++ or python to java.

I have it currently doing some click intensive movements such as blast furnace, abyss runnning, some basic quests such as sheep sheerer, the only downside is you need a really large sample size for it mimic a range of behaviours and not all activities have that.

TheDude likes this.
  5. x3r4

10 generations of.. 100 children is 1000 runs?

im interested to see how you are accomplishing complicated tasks like quests (sheep shearer). are you hardcoding a discrete set of actions? are you performing some sort of supervised learning where you incorporate the 'right' answer for every action (mouseclick?) in your fitness function?

xMissMage likes this.
  6. yamumsohard

*cough* R.I.D I think that's what your thinking of but different for this bot. Sounds very interesting and I think it would be a huge benefit if the time was invested

7. iTzRaDiaNTTV

iTzRaDiaNTTV Community Member

This would be Freaking Sweet!@ I hope You have those 1000 Acc's Ect lol to make all the Trial Runs so it runs smooth :)