1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Near instantaneous ban

Discussion in 'General' started by drits, Nov 12, 2020.

1. drits

Just a random thought about trying a bot, because fishing seemed soooo tedious.

So I googled a bit, and found this website, roughly 30min ago or so. I created an account to the website and downloaded the bot(?) program, which told me to download the official jagex client, and i did that.
    The bot-program asked me to give account info, and i did that.

I logged in, and less than 10 seconds just being logged in, i got logged out. Why? Account suspended. Why? Account permanently banned, "Macroing Major (ban)"

I didn't even get to start the script bot that I was thinking about to bot.

~60 hour "normal" account, no botting before, had done half of the f2p quests and leveled up every f2p skill (except firemaking) to 30-40, and combat to 60.

Not sure what i did wrong.

Oh well. Time to focus on other things in life.

2. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Not to discredit your story, but by what I know it's essentially impossible that this was caused by Runemate. IIRC Runemate uses Reflection, which means the original game client is not modified, and it should be impossible for Jagex to detect the client. When people get banned using Runemate, it's always because the pattern was detected, not the client itself.

It could be a delayed ban if you ever used any other 3rd party software, or maybe you got hacked outside of runemate (?) It sounds like an odd situation for sure though.