1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS3 [need help]F2P bottable melee spots

Discussion in 'RS3' started by Dryrr, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Insomniac

Chinning/Barraging?
    NMZ is nothing compared to the ridiculous xp rates with EoC. Even Slayer has higher xp/h than 07 NMZ combat. Splashing is OP IF you have cash for fire wave, otherwise it's pretty slow although 100% AFK. If you barrage for 1 hour on RS3 then you'll end up with the same AFK xp as 07 time limit (6h).

2. konchan

You can get much better exp per hour actually killing npcs with revolution, also you'll make money. Far more worth the time as that means you are making money for exp in other skills. EOC provides many benefits and if you are too ignorant to actually learn how to use it you could use revolution and still be more efficient.

I find it extremely ignorant to call eoc "easyscape" while people are voting to make OS afk as shit and also adding in op as fuck items when that's what they originally complained about it.

I'm all for both games, I personally find one less boring than the other, but I can see why others would find the other one more entertaining.

3. Insomniac

It's easy isn't it? The way every skill except divination is 100k+ xp/h, along with those bonus xp treasure hunter stuff... You can pay your way to the top. Hell, even 99 farming can be achieved without doing anything. Warbands, guthix butterflies, Big Chinchompa (99 hunter) etc... All and every aspect regarding sense of achievement died with the EoC update.
    You talk about OS being AFK but I'm sure that you've been to Prifddinas and seen all the AFK spots there? 100k+ mining xp/h, free 50k+ crafting xp/h, magic/yew trees right next to a bank...
    NMZ is AFK, however, have you tried soul splitting hell hounds? Ridiculous xp rates along with AFK all day erry day.

EvilCabbage likes this.
  4. konchan

I've been playing this game for well of 12 years at this point. It's ignorant to expect new methods of training to not be released over time. Do you just want time to stagnate and only have OP bosses added to the game that crash all the money making skills. Ie: Zulrah. 2007scape is a lot easier than 2004scape was, which was easier than 2002scape was. New updates brings better exp methods. RS3 is also more based on high level content and bossing, where bosses actually have real mechanics to kill which is something new since I stated playing so many years ago.

Big chinchompa is mediocre at best exp, warbands is a pvp minigame to keep activity in the game, guthix butterflies are a once a year promotion and aren't even that strong. The point is you complain about EASYSCAPE AFK while you guys actively vote in new ways to afk without an issue. Kind of funny, isn't it. I've played both.

Comparing NMZ to hellhounds is so fucking hilarious it hurts. It's hard to go to sleep and afk something when it loses aggro after a short period of time and you have to manage your prayer.

Also, complaining about EASYSCAPE while being on a botting site is about as hypocritical as you can be.

5. Insomniac

Yes to new methods of training. No to a cheap version of WoW. It's ignorant to neglect the specifics regarding training. Are e.g Seren stones a new way of training? Yes they are. Does that mean that they're good? Absolutely no, unless you find pride in lvling up cheaply. New updates doesn't necessarily bring better xp methods, although they might do. That doesn't mean that they should kill a game for every sense of achievement there is.

At least 07 has some OP bosses compared to EoC bosses where you can SS and camp 95% of the bosses. Zulrah hasn't had such a huge impact as EoC did, and it is actually worth doing. What happened to the prices of GWD items in RS3? Can you honestly tell me that it is worth doing anymore, save for Nex?

Big Chinchompa is free and easy xp every day. If you add divine locations then you'd get 20k+ xp, also completely free xp. Warbands are 300k+ xp if you do all 3. You can literally buy 25 supplies for 1,5m-2m and lvl up your skills even further. I forgot to mention Guthixian Cache, however, the point here is that you can lvl/gain xp without putting any effort into your skills. In your eyes, are these updates any good? Not to mention 2x weekend...

Your years of experience doesn't mean nothing, neither does mine. I started playing in 02 (with breaks here and there of course). The thing that annoys me the most in terms of these new implementations are the fact that every skill that I personally (no bots) spent hours, if not days, grinding suddenly became EASY as hell to lvl up. This is my main complaint. I don't mind new updates as long as they don't make every skill 100x easier, like EoC did.

You take this single aspect of NMZ (which I assume is Guthan's) and turn the whole minigame to AFK. You can AFK with Guthan's, but that's 50k xp/h in Defence ONLY as every other option is shared xp. If you want more xp then you'd have to overload which is obviously not AFK. However, with Guthan's on EoC you can semi-AFK with at least 2x xp compared to NMZ Guthan's. Also, I think Jagex are planning on nerfing Guthan's AFK. I read something regarding this matter somewhere, but I am too lazy to dig it up.

FYI, I have 2500+ total lvl on RS3 and I do actually use revolution.

6. konchan

Are you fucking joking. Apparently you don't actually do high level bossing. Nex isn't SS campable, nor is rago or arraxor. Thanks for proving your ignorance. GWD items are low in becuase the gear is shit. That comes with new updates. God wars armor can't be the best armor for 7 year straight. There is new armor, since time has progressed. It would be fucked up if low level bosses provided as good of money as high level bosses. Or t70 gear was as good as t80 or t90.

Zulrah has had a major impact on the skilling economy on rs07. There is nothing wrong with daily minigames that give a tiny amount of exp.

It only makes sense that skills become slightly easier over time. Most of the new afkable methods have horrible returns for afking them compared to doing them an older method. Harps are completely shit and a waste of time.

Clearly you should just stick to OS, I'm sure they won't add anything too op anytime soon.

7. dog_

Hypocrisy at it's finest!

RS3 has been out for so long, it's obvious that it's going to have lots of new content and challenges.

8. konchan

GOD FORBID THIS LEVEL 90 DEFENSE GEAR IS MORE EXPENSIVE AND IN DEMAND THAN THE LEVEL 70 GEAR THAT'S NEARLY A DECADE OLD.

9. neck

Honestly this enrages me to no end. Insert game here keeps adding new, stupid shit in with every update and I hate it! I wish insert game here would stop changing everything! Remember back in the day? When insert game here was actually fun? Before insert developer here ruined insert game here with their terrible ideas... Does insert developer here even care about their players anymore? I've been playing insert game here for insert time here and can easily see its decline and death on the horizon. I wish insert developer here would've just released insert game here and never updated it again. Insert sad emoticon here.

10. Insomniac

I lost it when you mentioned "challenges".
    Apparently, you didn't read my post properly: "95% of the bosses." The fact that the gear is shit is one of the factors, as the other one, which you're trying to ignore here (or forgot to mention), is that it became a lot easier to do GWD after the EoC update. I do agree that they'd inevitably fall either way, however, being undegradeable they shouldn't have fallen like they did. Also, custom sessions with very fast spawns?

"Slightly easier"? Skills like, Agility became 2x easier (even easier as you can run an autoclicker at a specific point where it automatically does the Hefin course). Click and wait Thieving to mention another. Also, 20% bonus xp from VoS?

The skilling economy you mention was and still is driven by goldfarmers, so the impact itself wasn't that big as you emphasize it as.

Tiny amount of xp? Pretty sure that 300k+ xp every single day isn't just a little amount for the time you put into it.

I am playing both games although the sense of achievement that was within RS3 died a long time ago. Also, I will not adhere to this classic "if you don't like it then don't play it" quote.

11. konchan

GWD bosses were afk as fuck before EOC so I don't see your point.

12. Insomniac

Not camping AFK like EoC.

13. dog_

I lost it when you said you lost it, I will be starting a fundraiser shortly for your autism

14. konchan

Yes it was. Easy as fuck considering protection prayer was op as fuck.

15. Insomniac

Nice invective. What's your PayPal I will dona... oh wait you're probably not old enough to have one yet.
    You don't even have to use protection prayers in EoC.

16. konchan

That's because you can attempt to outheal them. It's mostly only a possibility after you get amuletof souls.

You didn't even need food back in the day... All you needed was a unicorn. I camped it for hours with bandos and chaotics. Easy money.

17. Insomniac

Get dual drygores and tetsu and you can camp GWD 24/7. Even lower tier weapons would do fine. although you won't last as long. You did in fact need food because e.g Bandos' or Zamorak's "special attacks" weren't covered by any prayers or healing abilities. Also, Unicorn Stallion didn't heal as much as you're implying.

18. konchan

It healed a lot.... There's a reason it was popular for afking bandos.

19. Insomniac

It didn't heal a lot, but it healed enough to gain popularity amongst pvming.

20. konchan

It healed enough to prolong a bandos trip the entire pouch + any extra pouches length.