1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved NPC Dismisser trys to dismiss other player's NPCs

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Sinzu, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Rambo501

I thought it was fixed?

2. ZhaoSyn

I thought the same thing but was running RM last night and noticed it just ignores the random events now.

3. Mooncheese

sweet least we can carry on :) thanks guys

Sinzu likes this.
  4. ZhaoSyn

anyone know the status of getting the npc dismisser back up and running?

5. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Delayed until it's understood why it's falsely detecting your local player as the target when it's not the target.

Edit: Which I may have just figured out when I typed this post.

6. ZhaoSyn

I'm honestly curious as to what caused this. Something jagex changed? Or an update that was conflicting?

Either way, thanks for the update.

7. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

It's now activated via player sense so it won't dismiss for everyone but it will periodically dismiss for some people. It was caused by a regression that was created as a side effect of an interaction change ironically.

8. Nelvalhil

Still seems to not work properly, it now ignores the random NPC guy

9. mister bagz

Yea, I now have it not dismissing my own random NPCs. I have to pause my bot and manually dismiss.

#29 mister bagz, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  10. Jhinn

11. mister bagz

I'm sorry, but I'm still new to this botting. Are you basically saying the random dismisser only works for certain players now and not all? Is there an estimated time for fix?

12. Jhinn

He made it so that some will ignore the randoms, while others dismiss them. It's a way to create unique behaviors for different players. So this is not a bug, this is intentional.

Cloud likes this.
  13. Nelvalhil

Oh, thanks for clarification. I was wrong, so all safe to go on, then?

14. Jhinn

Yep

15. dannyjrjr

it is absolutely NOT safe to bot and ignore random events. Legit players DO NOT IGNORE RANDOM EVENTS. They are designed to harass you until you click on them. MINNOW FISHING IS NOT AFKABLE. The Software triggered upon ignoring random events will detect the bot and you WILL receive a delayed ban.

RANDOM EVEN DISMISSER IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT IF NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT DEFENSE MECHANISM, VERY SIMPLY A BOT IS NOT A BOT IF IT CANT EVEN TAKE CARE OF A RANDOM EVENT.

Savior likes this.
  16. Jhinn

We found the Jagex employee guys.

17. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Source?

18. Triage

newsflash broheim, jagex scrapped their whole idea with random events being a bot-catching mechanic long ago. it's literally right clicking a random NPC and hitting dismiss, pretty sure jagex knows that most bots are sophisticated enough to do that. well shit, one might argue it's less bot like to instant dismiss or even dismiss at all.

yes they do

#38 Triage, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  19. dannyjrjr

What an ignorant statement, random events are, will be and have been a bot detection method.
    Not only can you not dispute the above statement, but the above method has been historically successful.
    Again legit players do not ignore random events, especially during non afk-able activities and minigames.
    *LEGIT PLAYERS REPORT THOSE WHO IGNORE RANDOM EVENTS*.
    its time for the bot authors and others who have a vested interest to realize that you are very transparent.

20. Triage

you do realize that jagex removed aggressive random events due to the fact that they realized they didn't actually do shit anymore, right? they even polled it on the official website.

Random events

"historically successful" my asshole, it was successful a couple of months after they implemented aggressive random events until bots adapted and quickly managed to do those events faster than legit players.

and yes, legit players DO ignore random events. why do you think this was implemented into PlayerSense in the first place? because Cloud figured "oh hey, absolutely no legit players ignore random events, so let's make an algorithm which sole purpose is to mimic human like behaviour but make it super bot-like"?

rofl, i've been ignoring random events more often than not since 2014 and i haven't been banned on any of those accounts, even though most of them have also been botted. real solid bot detection method. whatever software you think they have that triggers a ban if you ignore random events clearly doesn't work very well and due to the fact that they deliberately made random events OPTIONAL suggests to me that no such "software" exists anymore, otherwise a plethora of legit players would've been banned if that was the case.

#40 Triage, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019