1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Official Jagex Launcher Support (Windows)

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by American Express, Aug 14, 2023.

1. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

RuneMate now supports the Jagex Launcher on Windows.
    1. Close all RuneLite clients that you have open and uninstall all current versions of RuneLite.
    2. Download and install the latest version of RuneLite to the default location.
    3. Download and install the latest version of RuneMate. You will be prompted on login to apply a patch if RuneLite is installed.
    4. Launch RuneLite from the Jagex Launcher
    5. The client should appear in the RuneMate client list when you refresh
    6. Happy botting!

26n, kxhp and runescape282 like this.
  2. Dogdogdogdog

The amount of times I've had to uninstall and re-install both RuneLite and RuneMate this last week is absurd.
    Basically every time I start a bot. And the fix doesn't seem to work every time. Can we please get a decent fix for Jagex Launcher?

EDIT: Is it possible this issue occurs due to external plugins?

3. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Yes disable all third party plugins, including those from the pluginhub. If you run sideloaded plugins, remove those too.

4. Dogdogdogdog

Gotcha, thanks <3

5. kxhp

awesome

#5 kxhp, Aug 24, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
  6. slayerlife

I can't get this to work.

7. lawcross

when i try to log into my account via runemate on runelite i get the error of having to launch the game via jagex launcher so i cant log in. but when i log in on runelite via the jagex launcher it lets me log in as its saved my details. has anyone else had this problem? is there a way to connect my account from the jagex launcher to the runehead client? my password is all up to date so it isnt that

8. Dogdogdogdog

Have you even read the post? If you have a Jagex Account linked to your character, you HAVE to play through Jagex Launcher. The post you're replying to, is a fix to get RuneMate working with a RuneLite client that was launched through Jagex Launcher (not through RuneMate).

So how you can use RuneMate:
    - Redownload and reinstall Runelite from original website
    - Redownload and reinstall Runemate from original website
    - Run RuneMate and log in. It should then give you a pop-up to apply a patch.
    - Run Jagex Launcher and launch RuneLite through there
    - Start your bot

9. Mattice7

This worked great on Windows just recently when I had to update. Thanks!
    ==EDIT==
    I managed to figure this out on my own. I think RuneMate was being updated server side or something as I was trying to update my version locally. Regardless, got RuneMate back working on Mac!
    ==EDIT==
    Does anyone know when there will be a Mac workaround doing this similar thing? I've tried and had issues running with errors on mac so far. :(

#9 Mattice7, Aug 31, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
  10. Acserus

Hello, since the latest Jagex Launcher update I can't get RM to work.
    I start it, press play and it says an error has occured.
    Even when i just have RM open for a bit, Runelite (through the Jagex Launcher) totally freezes.

Is there a fix for this?

11. TartanDavy

I'm guessing you're stuck in the update loop as well?

12. Dogdogdogdog

How is this a RuneMate error? Your RuneLite doesn't work ever since Jagex updated their launcher. Sounds 100% like RuneLite or Jagex Launcher error.

13. glennsfono

RM doesn't seem to ever be able to see the runelite client when I hit refresh. I only have the option to start a new instance of runelite, which obviously can't work as it isn't launching from jagex. I open the jagex launcher, start runelite, but RM never shows it no matter how many times I refresh. Is this a known bug?

EDIT: nevermind, I just had to redownload each one like 5 times and it randomly started working. Gtg I guess

#13 glennsfono, Sep 15, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
  14. Dogdogdogdog

Have had that happen once or twice myself. Now that you've got it working; don't forget to go to RM settings and turn "Automatically patch Jagex Launcher" ON to prevent this from happening in the future :)

15. Hucklenut96

I have tried multiple times of uninstalling and reinstalling both runelite/runemate/jagex launcher. Runemate only allows me to open up runelite. i can see the osrs client but it wont let me load it.

16. breimonc11

will not prompt me with the jagex launcher patch and ive tried uninstalling multiple times now and its frustrating
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 27, 2023, Original Post Date: Sep 27, 2023 ---
    Also note ive uninstalled all my osrs, runelite, and jagex launcher plus renemate 5 times already and still no patch prompt! Someone please help, i just put money into runemate and now not able to use it!!

17. YourBestMate00

I cannot for the life of me get the patch to install.

Regardless of how many times I uninstall and reinstall both RuneLite and RuneMate, the patch thing never comes up?

Sirolf2 and botscape2008 like this.
  18. popogjo1

how do i log in thru the jagex launcher with out rune lite. just jagex launcher and runemate together . cant get rune mate to see my launcher

19. FrostyGhost

20. JoeBlow442

This worked for me. I just kept the newest RuneMate download open and opened a new Jagex launcher with Runelite and you click allow both on RuneMate.

Dogdogdogdog likes this.