1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overlays...

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Parametric, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

If you contribute the code someone else could pick it up from where you left off. I understand that paradigmatically correct interface design isn't for everyone.

2. Jux7apose

Thats one big word I wish Fonrus was here, didn't he make an overlay with JavaFX? :(

3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Yes but the code was terrible and not even meant to be anywhere near an official tool. It was written entirely in JavaFX and therefore you couldn‘t control the Z-order of the window, and couldn‘t hide the window from the taskbar either.
    It was just for quick debugging really

4. Jux7apose

Arbiter said he wanted JavaFX, don't see why entirely in JFX would be a problem, then again I am inexperienced mind you.

Also, working on the shitty overlay I have, one of the solutions I found to make it hidden from taskbar, but still an overlay is to use swing and embed the javafx, not sure if it'd pass by arbiter tho (Is it possible to have a transparent utility stage in javafx?)

If anyone wants to see my shitty code, I'll gladly share it, it's spaghetti af

5. Parametric

It's actually because JavaFx isn't correctly responding to WinAPI calls in regards to switching z-order, and it would require re-writing the entire project.

JavaFX is not "ideal" at all. Requiring reflection to enable functionality is a joke.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 26, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 24, 2017 ---
    I lied, i fixed it.