1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly hacked through runemate?

Discussion in 'General' started by coomgoblin, Oct 25, 2023.

1. coomgoblin

Hi all,

I just want to start off with I know that developers have to much time on their hands to hack small amounts of GP. But, I've noticed over the last couple of days I keep logging into my account and my pin has been attempted to remove. This morning, after a TOA sessions, I briefly logged out and found when I logged back in all my gear was gone (500m+).

In the recent days I've noticed my account being hijacked I have since upgraded to a Jagex account, changed my passwords multiple times, added a Jagex authenticator and still this person is still able to log onto my account or somehow 'hijack' my game sessions or bypass all the security that comes with a Jagex account. I have seriously no idea how someone is able to do this unless it has been through a botting client or sometype of keylogger has been installed on my machine.

Has anyone experienced this before? And is there anyway I can check the runemate logs?

2. michael5555

MrBlazinHerbs likes this.
  3. coomgoblin

Hi @michael5555

I don't have access through steam and have never set it up.
    Any other ideas?

Cheers for the help!

4. michael5555

But is your runescape account linked to any steam account? Once the account is linked to a steam account the hijacker can logon at any time regardless of if pass changes iirc.

To be clear I'm not saying you linked it yourself, I'm saying a hijacker has linked it to their own steam account

5. coomgoblin

I just checked. There is a steam account linked to my Jagex account..

That is insane, I was starting to question if I had been keylogged or something.

THANK YOU!!

6. michael5555

The credentials were stolen one way or another for him to be able to link the account in the first place. You'll still need to be weary they have access to something of yours