1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSA - Account Security

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Arbiter, Oct 11, 2015.

1. KAB11

My account was one of the ones compromised, and I haven't played Runescape or even been on the Runemate website in 3-4 months, so I don't know how this could have happened.

2. Shabutie

powerbot is the only other rs bot I signed upto and that was before I found runemate, narrows it down quite a bit aye.

3. botluvr

powerbot is fkn shit it can go die for all i care

4. Eugeen

Well uhm.. I'm using a fully clean laptop which is brand new and the only thing I have downloaded runescape related is runemate, other than that I literally only have things like google chrome and such. I don't really care about the account as I can just make a new one and bot again lol but just wanted to let the rest know. My fault for not having authenticator on the rs account either way tho

5. ozdev

The real question is; Why would anyone bot not using runemate?

6. moneyblades

+1 to this

7. Vichy

RIP 70m :\.

OT: Thanks for the clarification, was a good read.

8. Vichy

Sorry for triple posting ;o. RM website was really slow haha.

#28 Vichy, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  9. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

He's just suggesting to scan your pc to be safe. The hackings weren't anything to do with our security or anything like that. It was the fact that our users have used the same password on other botting sites, which have been hacked, and the user then tried those same passwords on our site and got lucky finding that many of you did indeed use the same password on here which gained them access to your runemate account and consequently any accounts saved in your login handler. But yeah, authenticator would have prevented your runescape account from getting hacked at least.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify.

10. Eugeen

I know and I used a completely new password of 30 characters long lol, seems like the whole reason it got hacked is because I had put the info into the login handler, ah well I'm currently botting away so I'm a happy customer :p

11. kristiaan