1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regal Wintertodt Lite [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Bot Support & Feedback' started by Snufalufugus, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snufalufugus

2. Snufalufugus

3. ziplock1738

Any chance you could possibly add an idling option after 500 points? This bot is amazing just one more addition that I think would really add value to it.

4. Snufalufugus

5. ziplock1738

Not sure what the update was but it was working flawlessly before. Now it just withdraws the food and sits in the bank.

6. BigGates

BigGates Noticeably F.A.T.

It works for me perfect. He added a failsafe for taking food out. Restart runemate. I just ran 8 hours of it today without fail.

7. Drakeorino

It keeps withdrawing like tons of food (trout, complete inventory). And just stands there, next to the bank after a couple of matches. Also with the safe spot on, it missclicks most of the time, and still cuts wood on the wrong spot ( or standing still and doing nothing, except for healing). Nonetheless, the matches that do work, are very good. I'd like to see a feature when it reaches 500 points, that it wont fletch anymore and instead chops wood and burns.

8. BigGates

BigGates Noticeably F.A.T.

I recommend you delete your runemate cache. I've been doing wintertodt 8 hours a day every day. I'm 5 hours today, and no hiccups

9. Drakeorino

How do I delete my runemate cache?

10. Snufalufugus

11. Snufalufugus

12. windu

I did not know how to post to the review sections.
    I tried the lite version.

Positive thoughts:
    All my ~20 runs of the hour were over 500 points. Maximum was 900 points.
    It is more effective than I am with 95% concentration regarding to food. One time i did 5 games a row with 1 cake to eat.

Bugs:
    1. 1 time (3rd run) it got stuck right next to Bank deposit box. I had to pause it, to bank and unpause the bot. It worked after that correctly. With this in mind. I need to babysit the bot.
    2. My food quantity is set to 5, but it keeps taking 6 cakes.
    upload_2019-1-5_16-59-51.png

Recommendations:
    1. It would be awesome if entity hider(runelite plugin) could be added here also in some way. I guess the missclicks, withdrawals and speed issues could be related to game run smoothnes. This would help a lot to reduce the lagging, this is a problem for me. I think a lot of comments dont intigate that there is problems with pc hardware
    2. As I am a low hp account, i dont need to bank every time it goes below the food count of the settings. For me, I can manage 1 or 1/2 cake 1 game. I would like to see a following improvement:
    Food count to take out of the bank -> bot goes to play wintertodt x times-> Food count is below y -> Bot runs back to bank -> withdraws x food from the bank -> bot goes to play wintertodt x times
    minimum HP+food HP count ban functions. With this I mean, if max total HP count is below this , then the bot will go and bank.
    upload_2019-1-5_17-25-49.png
    If play myself, I will take 5 cakes and I will play until I have 1 cake left. I can see that the bot already has almost this capability as you can see in the picture.
    Food quantity is set to 5.
    If food quantity is 5, then play another game. If food count is >5 then go to bank. It would be good if we could set the minimum food quantity to run back to bank
    upload_2019-1-5_17-10-7.png

Update:
    If you see that these features are not needed, then please at least change the food count to minimum 1, not 5. then low HP accounts can benefit more from this (more room in inventory)

Update:
    Using now the pay version
    35min in the run, it got stuck in the banking step.
    upload_2019-1-5_18-18-16.png

#92 windu, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  13. Snufalufugus

Thank you for the detailed feedback. While I don't plan to implement most of these changes, I don't want you to feel dismissed or encouraged from sending feedback, because it is appreciated. Please continue to read for a breakdown
    • I will look into cleaning up the banking code to make it more reliable and hopefully less prone to misclicks
    • A bot that is publicly available needs to be created with all different account types in mind. You can specifically tailor it to certain account types, but then you're making the bot take more computing power to run, for very little advantage (and that advantage is only to a small part of your userbase)
    • Food quantity to go to bank wouldn't work very well, because what happens when the kill is almost done but you're below that amount of food? The smart thing to do would be to finish the kill, but then I would get users confused and complaining that it continues playing even when below the food count. It's easier for users to understand just one concept of "If I don't have this much food for a kill, it will get more". You'd be amazed at how easy it is to confuse some people with too many settings
    • I'm not able to do things such as hide entities in the OSRS client. @Cloud may be able to, but he is (AFAIK) focused on reducing CPU usage in other ways. For example, there is a framerate limiting option built into client settings.
    • The only benefit to having low hp accounts bank every kill is the fact that you may equip an xp boosting piece of gear 2-4 kills sooner. The disadvantage is that sometimes when you bank, the wintertodt is respawning in a short amount of time, and you miss 5-10 seconds of the game. If this happens even once, you're looking at more lost xp than you would've gained from the set. The reason I have the minimum food as 5 is because there's no advantage to bringing any less

14. windu

Thank you for active feedback.
    I do understand that my feedback is mostly thoughts about a specific character build and game play.

• I will look into cleaning up the banking code to make it more reliable and hopefully less prone to misclicks
      Thank you.
      I am sure that when I have set "food quantity" to 5 but it will go bank below that, it will take 6 food is not a misclick situation. Something in the code might be off as it will always take 1 extra food for me.
      I tested it with 7 and 8 food. It always takes +1 food.
      But not if the inventory has no food. Only acts like this if 1 or more but less than set food number is in the inventory.
    • A bot that is publicly available needs to be created with all different account types in mind. You can specifically tailor it to certain account types, but then you're making the bot take more computing power to run, for very little advantage (and that advantage is only to a small part of your userbase)
      It does not have to be built for all different types in mind, if it lowers the overall quality of the bot.
      Of course you should reassess these to be fitted to whole community, but keep in mind the specific character builds you are focusing on. There are a lot of bots trying to cover every character build but try to find your character build base you want to focus. Trying to cover 100% player base is not effective as overall quality of your bot will decrease and all the users might be effected negatively because of this. Keep in mind 80/20 principle. losing(and not wanting them to use your bot) 20% of specific character builds to use your bot and gaining better results of the 80% will overall make your bot stand out and work more efficiently and reliable for this player base.
    • Food quantity to go to bank wouldn't work very well, because what happens when the kill is almost done but you're below that amount of food? The smart thing to do would be to finish the kill, but then I would get users confused and complaining that it continues playing even when below the food count. It's easier for users to understand just one concept of "If I don't have this much food for a kill, it will get more". You'd be amazed at how easy it is to confuse some people with too many settings
      I guess it should work like it works now. If WT game is running, then it will not quit before the game, but will restock after the game. Looking at the bot UI at the moment I am not reading out when will the restocking take place. Your UI is built not for beginners but those who are custom to WT mechanics (for example: use reduced dmg tile, burn only, intelligent fletching). For a noob, these mechanics do not give a overview what are the benefits and drawbacks for using this setting. By this I mean what should be the setting if maximum fm xp is the expectation or maximum points(and reward).
      For me, I do not understand what should be the setting "Health % to eat at" or is there even any point of having this setting for me to change or should you have only 1 setting(not changeable by user) and algorithm. For me, using the default setting gives an opinion that most of the botters use this and because of that, I have a bigger chance of being detected. That in mind, I changed it.
      Know-how of these can only be know by reading/watching guides before using your bot.
      For me this is also the point of how many of the player base you want to cover. For me this can be achieved with proper wording and/or advanced settings.
    • I'm not able to do things such as hide entities in the OSRS client. @Cloud may be able to, but he is (AFAIK) focused on reducing CPU usage in other ways. For example, there is a frame rate limiting option built into client settings.
      If this would benefit your bot and other bots reliability, then this is something that should be looked into.
    • The only benefit to having low hp accounts bank every kill is the fact that you may equip an xp boosting piece of gear 2-4 kills sooner. The disadvantage is that sometimes when you bank, the wintertodt is respawning in a short amount of time, and you miss 5-10 seconds of the game. If this happens even once, you're looking at more lost xp than you would've gained from the set. The reason I have the minimum food as 5 is because there's no advantage to bringing any less
      I do not understand your explanation completely.
      I do not wish the bot to run to bank every time game ends. Your bot only runs bank in one specific use case: IF food quanity below set number, go bank.
      I agree that bringing less than 5 food might have no advantage when restocking, but the bot will run to bank if i have lower than 5 food (example 4 food). Running back because of 1 food if I would survive with 4 food the next game is inefficient and nonhuman like acting
      For different HP levels, most effective food quantity to take from bank might be different, but I am not sure that banking every time food quanity is -1 is effective.

for example, lets decide that my settings is at 10 food
      Banking every time I have 9 food for me is inefficient, because the bot could handle on average ~5-7 games with 10 food, but if bot eats 1 food then automatically it will run to bank to get 1 food for total of 10 food. Secondly, bank runs for the bot are in some cases slower than the start of next game. If I could lower the banking runs, I can lower the risk of losing xp because early game starts will affect me less. Overall, the bot would act more humanly in my mind. I do think that most players run to bank if food is needed to survive or current inventory capacity will reduce maximum points, not because I have a strict rule that in every game start I need to have 10 foods in my inventory.

upload_2019-1-5_19-43-10.png
      In the picture my food quantity is set to 5
      As you can see, bot played 3 games (3 crates) before eating 1 full cake. After 1 cake was eaten, it ran back to bank to restock 1 cake.
      In this situation a human would act in 3 ways if most points is the goal:
      a) Too much inventory is taken = I will lose points. -> I should go and bank the crates to free up inventory space
      b) Too much inventory is taken = I will lose points. -> I should drop extra food that I do not need-> Next bank run, I will take less food for efficiency
      c)Too much inventory is taken = I will lose points. -> I should go and bank the crates and take less food to be more efficient

15. Snufalufugus

• I know the settings aren't always obvious to those who haven't played the minigame, which is why those settings have default values.
    • I'm discussing entity hiding with cloud
    • I understand what you mean now about food. I'll look into adding it when I revisit this bot soon, I think it could be a useful feature.

16. windu

Thank you. Let me know if you need any more info or other help. I would be glad to help.

17. Snufalufugus

Pushed a small fix that should make banking 100% reliable. In Q now.

18. Snufalufugus

19. windu

Hello,

Can you check the pank pin functionality. One time, it kept doing one case repeatedly:
    Run to bank
    Open bank
    Close bank
    run ~5 tiles
    run to bank
    Open bank
    close bank
    Run ~5 tiles...

20. Snufalufugus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.