1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote control

Discussion in 'Programming & Hardware' started by Devphreak, May 29, 2016.

1. Devphreak

I'm figuring if I'd be possible for someone like me with barely any java experience to build a listening server which executes tasks it gets via the client.

This can either be via a bot which can stop, pause and start other scripts bots.
    Or via a standalone server which can control spectre by pausing or stopping a script bot. It wouldn't need bot level acces.

#1 Devphreak, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  2. DevTucker

I'm not sure if it's allowed on public scripts bots yet, the easiest method would be long polling. Start there.

3. Devphreak

Not looking to use a script bot for it unless there is an api to manage this. Can one script bot start/configure (using parameters or a file) or stop another script bot?

4. DevTucker

You would initiate long-polling from your script bot that you develop. It would have to be an integrated feature of the script bot.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 29, 2016, Original Post Date: May 29, 2016 ---
    If you're asking about functionality that is deployed with Spectre, this is not available at the moment as far as I am aware.