1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runemate cannot start script

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by coolcicada, Aug 14, 2022.

1. coolcicada

I try to start a script bot and it just keeps on loading. It said "Runemate cannot be used with Runescape client from Steam or launched through the Jagex Launcher. If you are using one of these, or unsure if you are, please uninstall the client you currently have and reinstall the standard client from the official download page".

I deleted my OSRS and reinstalled it through the official download page. It still has the same message. I tried with runelite and it still gives the same message. Is there any way to fix this problem?

2. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

3. BONKGANG33

mines is saying the same thing, which is weird because old school RuneScape isn't even on steam

4. Party

Party Client Developer

This error code is actually served for more reasons than just attempting to bind to the Steam/Native launcher. Can you upload a RuneMate log file? Help > View Logs in the client.

5. F L A X III

Same thing happening to me here is log

[Debug] C:\Users\dalto\jagexcache is a cache root according to the registry.
    00:00:00 INFO Operating System: Windows 10 x64
    00:00:00 INFO JAVA ENVIRONMENT:
    00:00:00 INFO Home: c:\program files\runemate\jre
    00:00:00 INFO Version: 11.0.14 x64 (Eclipse Adoptium)
    00:00:00 INFO Max. Heap: 4088MB
    00:00:11 DEBUG Required x86 JDK resource exists - skipping download.
    00:00:51 INFO Attempting to start the official RuneScape client. If it does not open shortly please do so manually.
    00:00:51 INFO Checking for a new game client every second for two minutes or until one is found.
    00:00:55 INFO Found a new game instance after 4 seconds.
    00:00:58 SEVERE RuneMate cannot be used with the RuneScape client from Steam or launched through the Jagex Launcher. If you are using one of these, or unsure if you are, please uninstall the client you currently have and reinstall the standard client from <a href="Old School RuneScape - Download Old School RuneScape - Old School RuneScape">the official download page</a>.

6. SenpaiRyuu

mine keeps saying the same thing (RuneMate cannot be used with the Runescape client from steam or launched through the jagex launcher. if you are using one of these, or unsure if you are, please uninstall the client you currently have and reinstall the standard client from the official download page)

ive done that twice, i dont have steam or the jagex launcher, im not using runelite, im really at a loss on what to do right now
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 10, 2022, Original Post Date: Oct 10, 2022 ---

so, i uninstalled osrs, closed runemate out, when to my notification tab in the bottom right, and fully exited runemate, reinstalled osrs, then loaded runemate back up and it seems to be working right now

hope that helps anyone who sees this

7. pietystruck

If you dont mind using official RS client, open it manually yourself, not through Runemate.
    Then attach ID to it when you start bot.
    You're all set :)