1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS3 Runescape shutting down java client support

Discussion in 'RS3' started by Maclicous, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Maclicous

Hi, there was newly an announcement made on RuneScape that they’re moving away from the Java client. What what will happen with the RuneMate client?

2. bwtspro

I can't say much, but chances are everything will move to a HTML5 based bot system. Or mobile, that seems to be big at the moment.

3. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

LMAO WHAT THE FUCK. HTML5 based bot system KEKW
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 7, 2019, Original Post Date: Nov 7, 2019 ---
    I highly doubt Runemate will update to support the NXT client.

4. deletus

Nah, they will, it will just take either a lot of time or a short while, depeneding on hiw much work was dinw to prepare.

I assume some has been done, since i remember either arbiter or cloud mentioning it i think in 2014/15.

Ill just recommend RID colour bot in case we have to wait a long time. Sure its not as advanced as runemate, but it can help tide us over. Also i think powerbot will finally die, lol.

5. bwtspro

Why not? There's literally no reason it can't be a thing. Whether it's colour or not, it's plausible. Rather than being a dick about it, why not provide a constructive response?

6. deletus

Oh shit, forgot to say...

Osrs is still java, and runemate will still work there. Anyone using rs3, youre fricked.

7. bwtspro

Again, not really. Mobile bots are currently popular and a thing. Colour bots still exist.
    The bots here are pretty trash anyway, I've had less success with other peoples bots here than when I wrote bots for Villavu.

It's not unlikely that a newer solution will exist down the line. Innovation comes from restrictions.

8. Formount

RIP Runemate 2019, better use all your credits up now

9. deletus

To quote a great man;

but can you (your bot) do this (referring to dungeoneering)?

Until RuneMate html (or whoever makes it the next one) a lot of the advanced gameplay will be forever restricted. A colour bot cannot ensure you have 600 resource or exp boosting buff enabled, detect the item level of your crystal rod and replace it, or perform transversal over the whole map. admittedly transversal been kind of broken since i restarted here. This client is quite powerful, for the sheer amount of stuff it can do for you, and until there is a html version, or the RID developer steps up his game, we are all stuck in the carbon filament lightbulb stage with botting.

10. Wet Rag

@bwtspro ok clearly you’re either severely misinformed or down right mentally disabled.

The only “mobile” bots that have ever existed was an emulated android version using AHK which is EXTREMELY detectable

Also HTML is a markup language.... you cant write fucking bots with it and never will.

The only type of bot that will ever exist on Runemate is a Hybrid of reflection and injection.

11. Formount

anyone know the likelihood of an nxt runemate client within say 6 months?

12. bwtspro

I never said the scripts bots would be written with HTML5, I'm fully aware it's not a programming language. Regardless of Mobile being detectable, it's still a possibility.

If the bot sticks with Reflect and Injection and doesn't look at other innovative solutions, it won't progress. Colour, still works. Go back to the purpose of the OP instead of being a dick
    NXT is based on C++. So it would likely require an entire rework.

13. Wet Rag

Extremely low, cloud is busy as it is and it will require a full re-write
    If you think color is innovative please kill yourself. Its the most primitive version of botting that exists with NO incentives to use it over an injection/reflection bot as theirs no difference in detectability.

Youre talking out of your ass, stop being a fool.

14. bwtspro

You're mixing up what I said now. I said Colour still works. I didn't say Colour was innovative. You're so salty it's unreal.

15. deletus

this is why runemate doesn't have discussion threads anymore....

16. bwtspro

Anything to look tough on the internet eh.

Sharkbarderz and deletus like this.