1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Runmate client gets rejected from server due to public proxy.

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by tanepitas, Dec 25, 2018.

1. tanepitas

There is an issue with the client when someone uses a public proxy. The problem is that when I try to open Runemate, I get the error:
    Code (Text):
    1. The update information could not be downloaded from https://www.runemate.com/client/updates.xml. Please check your Internet connection.
    Some proxies did work at first but then after a day or two this error started coming up. I am pretty sure that the server rejects the client because it sees too much traffic from that IP and to prevent DDOS it simply rejects the request. If I try to visit the website using these proxies, it prompts me to complete a Captcha to make sure I am a human. I think something similar or some form of authentication is needed when the client is trying to access the servers to request updates or login.

Do you have any suggestions of what I could do besides removing the proxy or buying a private one?

2. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

You shouldn't use public proxies to bot on in the first place, most of these are already flagged by Jagex.

3. tanepitas

Well if you don't want to pay for private proxies, what other options do you have? I used to bot on a public proxy and had no issues. It's just that the proxy I was using probably got flagged by runemate itself and so I can't bot now cause I can't login to the runemate client :C

4. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

No reason to use proxies when botting from my own experience.

5. tanepitas

I guess it's time to drop the proxies... lol