1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resource Script vs. Bot

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Resources' started by Arbiter, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Darwin_

LOL! Java is a scripting language because it is a shorthand for Javascript...

2. Jhinn

LOL!

3. SlashnHax

He has a point, it's JavaScr1pt not JavaBot

4. sampsonzak

You're really comparing a game with thousands of skripts and dependancies vs a 1 file skript/bot ?

5. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Its the same logic.
    Besides, rs bots are rarely just 1 file. Many come with thousands of lines of code across hundred files and also have several dependencies.
    The 1 file scripts bots that were around in 2008 arent really a thing anymore.

Qosmiof2 likes this.
  6. juicemang

This post and thread is one big fucking ego stroke. Honestly who came here to be educated? We just want to bot and not get banned or goldfarm. Some people want to write scri pts and need help I guess, but cmon now. Making a thread like this just makes you seem like an attention whore who wants to be seen as intelligent. We get it. You wrote and/or put together a team to code this bot, its nice and you're smart. Needing people to validate your intelligence is retarded.

If you want to ban me. Ban me. I have $5 in my wallet refund that first if thats the case.

Qosmiof2 likes this.
  7. Makutu

Makutu The Omen

[​IMG]

8. Bubbafet63

Context mate, for runemate and its automation usage we are simply shortening the words scripted sequence to script bot/s

Runemate = Client = hardware or software that accesses a remote service on another computer
    script bot = Scripted Sequence = a predefined series of events in a video game triggered by player location or actions
    Bot = an autonomous program on a network (especially the Internet) that can interact with computer systems or users, especially one designed to respond or behave like a player in an adventure game.

In conclusion Client (Runemate) + Scripted Sequence (script bot) = Bot
    You can change scripts bots to Scripted Sequence if you want haha

9. CSzar

For me it's just an intrusive/distracting addition to messages that hasn't improved clarity. Please remove, keep as a meta post

10. Runedev

Yeah not many people will actually care. He says it's to "help people improve" at the end of his post but in all likely hood he was just using his platform to be pedantic

Moreover, Java is an interpreted language as Java is compiled to bytecode which the JVM interprets. There's also something called just-in-time compilation where the JVM compiles code as it is running to optimize it

#130 Runedev, Jun 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2023