1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Testing Bots

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by poopdonk, May 28, 2020.

1. poopdonk

Hi,

I'm looking to start writing bots for RuneMate. My concern is that my HWID/IP will get flagged while I'm going through the process or writing/testing out a bot because it's bound to look like a bot until I implement the PlayerSense API.

A few questions,

1) has anyone gotten banned while writing or testing out their own bots?
    2) does anyone use a VM (using Hyper-V or anything else) connected to a VPN to test their bots?

Basically, I'm looking to test bots in a separate container (separate from my main PC).

Thanks

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by CuppaJava, May 28, 2020
  3. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Hi poopdonk

I could just be naive but I really don't see this as an issue. When you're testing your bots, I assume it'll be mostly in short bursts with the official stress tests once more stuff is done. So even if your account is acting "botlike" for a few minutes, I don't think that's enough time to get reported, especially while you're watching it. Especially if the account doesn't look like a bot. I've had bots I've written bug way out, like spam clicking like nuts etc, while debugging; Never been banned while debugging.

Also the playersense is automatically implemented in a lot of other classes in runemate by my understanding. So whenever the mouse moves, Clouse makes it look "human", when you go though dialogue, playersense chooses selection method, etc. You don't usually have to implement much through playersense manually.

But yeah you could definitely use a vpn if you want to be extra careful.

4. IamN5

Depends on what you're doing tho
    I got banned 2 days ago while debugging a bot, but it was a hotspot so......
    Just make sure you dont test it on an account you actually care about, and be careful when trading between those

poopdonk and CuppaJava like this.
  5. Chieftain

Chieftain The only AI bot developer

I have never been banned,while writing/debugging my bot's,and I have had like 100 accounts banned on this pc. Chance's,you are just too paranoid.

poopdonk likes this.
  6. poopdonk

I appreciate the insight. I currently bot on this account and don't want to do anything to get myself flagged. Just looking for a simple alternative to testing the bot out to cover my own ass lol.

7. Heyz

I was banned when testing fill jugs of water in faladore

poopdonk likes this.