1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used Cuppa AgilityAIO for 3 hours, got 1 day ban

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Sylar, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Sylar

For some extra context: I haven't botted on this account in over 450 days. Recently I got back into OSRS and played legit for at least a week. Did a ton of quests to get QP to 226. Did a ton of Achievement Diaries. Did some legit magic training and slayer training. Last night, I decided to try a bot. I used Cuppa AgilityAIO for 3 hours at the Seer's course.

Monkfish was enabled for food. Super energy potions were enabled. High alching air battlestaves was enabled. Break was enabled. AFK was enabled.

"Move camera when" options are default. And "Hover mouse over next obstacle" was enabled.

Woke up today, account is banned for 1 day. Suffice to say, I won't be botting again. lol

#1 Sylar, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  2. dahnae

Agility bots, especially at seers course are renowned for their high ban rates, so nothing surprising here. IMO 3 hours with high alching is a lot, but I have no empirical data to back this up.

CuppaJava likes this.
  3. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

I am, of course, sorry to hear it. It genuinely makes me sad when people get banned using my bots. And I do try to keep them as "safe" or robust as I can.

That being said, anecdotally, I've been told that Seers in general is one of the riskiest things you can bot (and honestly I'm tempted to remove it from the bot, but I think that would annoy more people lol). Agility in general is kinda risky, and Seers is apparently the most risky course, using any bot. Did you have breaks enabled? Botting 3 hours with breaks isn't that long (it's a bit long for a first Seers session it should have been fine), but botting 3 hours of Seers without breaks, out of nowhere, is honestly pretty risky.

I'm glad it was only a temp ban at least, and honestly if you care about the account I do think it's the right call to not bot on it (especially if it's been temp banned before). Sorry again to hear it either way, but this is unfortunately always a possibility.

dahnae likes this.
  4. Sylar

I did have breaks enabled and the AFK enabled. I don't blame you specifically to be clear, I know this is my fault as I'm the one who took the risk. And thankfully its just a 1 day ban. First ban on the account. I just wanted to be absolutely clear everything that happened so that it might not happen to somebody else.

Weird part is that before today, over 450 days ago, I was botting like crazy. I had at least 200 hours botted using RuneMate with free scripts bots only. I never did Seer's agility course though. I was doing Canifis back then. I also had a ton of botted hours in the Nightmare Zone and spread out between most skills. All with no bans. Maybe Seer's really is just that dangerous. Either way, I'm not botting anymore. lol

dahnae likes this.
  5. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Yeah, Jagex honestly does work in mysterious ways. I don't have any concrete data, but just anecdotally there seems to be some activities that are really risky (Seers, 3ticking activities, certain hotspots in F2P like barb village fishing, etc), and other activities that almost never get banned no matter what (NMZ seems very safe, Tempoross has gotten barely any bans, etc). But as it's all kinda anecdotal it's hard to give conclusive advice. I appreciate your understanding anyway man.

6. Hit My Gong

Hit My Gong Bigkokski

I must say Jagex also seem to be going through an banhammering people...

I must say I used the script bot to 70 agility and avoided Seers mostly but did like 6 or 7 hours there.. Eventually got temp ban yusing a cooking script bot.

Remember u always run the risk; unfortunately :/