1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Using the official client when not botting

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by Pocketcrocodile, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Pocketcrocodile

Hey guys, I'm new here and noticed RM only works through the official RS client. When I play normally, I use Runelite. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but wouldn't me playing normally in Runelite then grinding a few hours of some random skill in the official client raise some alarms?
    To combat this, would it be a waste of time playing normally in the official client to throw this off?

Savior likes this.
  2. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

I've done exactly what you have in the past and haven't experienced bans because of it.

Yes Jagex can detect what client you are using (eg: Official, Runelite, OSBuddy etc.) however I don't believe that swapping between Runelite and the official client would flag your account.

If you are really paranoid, just ditch Runelite altogether and use only the official client for botting + playing legit - that is if you can live without the benefits Runelite brings :p

Savior and Pocketcrocodile like this.
  3. Negrita

I've been doing the same thing for months. No issues yet.

4. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Yeah I don't think jagex really cares about this tbh. I think it's normal for people to swap clients depending on what they're doing.