1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug UTFDataFormatException

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by ThatArabianGuy, Feb 12, 2017.

1. ThatArabianGuy

Many hours ago, a lot of people were having problems with starting bots. I was one of them. But apparently it's been fixed for them yet I'm still getting the same problem.

I can start the client perfectly, log in with no issues, select my account and bot with no issues but the moment I press start, a little green notification bar comes up at the top stating:

"The modscript that was requested arrived in a format that is unusable because it triggered a UTFDataFormatException."

Can someone please help me?
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 12, 2017 ---
    I have noticed that identical errors came up last year in November and December and this year in January as there are multiple threads with the same issue that still have not been responded to by any admins.

So, shall I just wait or realistically speaking is anyone going to even solve this issue? I want to know what to expect because the RuneMate client is literally useless right now to me.

2. Swych

Tag some of the client devs such as @Cloud

3. ThatArabianGuy

Thanks for tagging @Cloud in for me, Q!
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 12, 2017 ---
    Here's a screenshot of what happens every single time I try to start a bot.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2017 ---
    Just restarted my router/modem and still hasn't worked. If anyone else is having this error, try restarting your router/modem because that works for some people with this error. I am still looking around for a proper solution though. Rune mate is fully down for me now.
    [Debug] RuneMate Version: 2.4.18
    [Debug] Java Version: 8u121 x64 (Oracle Corporation)
    [Debug] Operating System: Mac OS X x64
    The modscript that was requested arrived in a format that is unusable because it triggered a UTFDataFormatException.
    java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 130
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:656)
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:564)
    at nul.IiiIIIiIiIII.for(sta:21)
    at nul.IiiIIIiIiIII.<init>(sta:1)
    at nul.iIiiiIiiIiIi.for(npa:74)
    at nul.IIiIiIiIIIII.run(cmb:121)

SOLUTION: Okay, what I have figured out is that it's got nothing to do with anyone except the WiFi connections. I've tried restarting my modem/router but that hasn't worked. Luckily, I've hacked myself unlimited data through my iPhone and use the Portable Hotspot from that. It seems the RuneMate bots are all working completely fine when connected to a different WiFi to my house's WiFi.

My recommendation to solve this for everyone is turn your modem off for a good few minutes and remove the power cord too. Reconnect the cord and connect to WiFi again and it should solve the problem for you. If not, try troubleshooting your WiFi Network from your computer/laptop. If that still doesn't work, connect to a different internet connection if you have one available. If not, turn your WiFi off for a good half an hour or so.

Can someone mark this as solved please? @Party @Arbiter @Cloud

Attached Files:

4. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

It's likely caused by a broken hook. When you changed networks Jagex gave you a different gamepack (they randomly distribute a certain number of gamepacks depending on your network) when you changed networks. It's still on us to fix the broken gamepack. @Cloud

5. madesire

i get the same error...

6. ThatArabianGuy

It's double xp and all 3 of my WiFi sources are not able to run RuneMate.

7. smurfalot

for me its only rs3 and not oldschool

8. madesire

lol i have 2 pcs and none of them can run that shit