1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question [Video, Tutorial] How to launch the RuneMate client using a Linux OS.

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Mikaelz, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Mikaelz

I see people asking how to use the RuneMate client on a Linux operating system, mostly by users who want to purchase a VPS to use for botting. This tutorial will hopefully aid you in your goal. Please note that if you want to use Linux just because it's h4x0r & c00l, then stay with Windows. Linux should only be used by users who have no other choice, or by users who know what they are doing. Also note that if you intend to purchase a VPS with Linux, and then yourself install a GUI-environment, you will have to pay a lot more. The GUI-version will require a lot more resources, such as CPU & RAM. CPU and RAM are the two "components" that are most expensive to expand. I suggest Vultr, DigitalOcean, Linode and RamNode. I am a customer at all of them and I got no complaints what so ever.

Lets get started
    This tutorial was created, assuming you already possess a VPS which is installed, and you currently have a proper VNC-connection to it.

Code (Text):
    1. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
    2. sudo apt-get update
    3. sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-installer
    This will download a file which is ~170mb in size as well as install it. It will take approx 8 minutes and then you're ready to go. Download the RuneMate client and launch it with "java -jar RuneMate.jar"

Video for dyslexics:

Microsoft likes this.
  2. Wish

It is telling me that Linux and mac isn't currently supported?