1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does OSRS run better on mac&mobile than windows?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Rsherwinn202, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Rsherwinn202

It's easy to see that all 3 devices (MacBook pro, iphone x, and iPad gen 2) run OSRS Java smoother than 3 different Windows based computers.

At the osrs log in screen with the 2 flames, the flames go in and out of choppiness on all of my windows devices. This shows while playing the game my character looks hilarious running/walking all choppy like.
    I've reinstalled windows on 2 of the windows based computers but no luck smoothing out the client. I've tried setting affinity to High/realtime but it doesn't help that much. Processors on the windows are i5/i7/ AMD Athlon, all have 8gb of ram.

Does anyone have any tips/tricks to make the game smooth out?

2. cakefan

The game runs much smoother when using RuneLite for me.

juicemang likes this.
  3. Dolantank

You use Google Chrome webbrowser with maybe some extentions on it and have skype open / logged in?

Cause for me, using Runelite, or just even Runemate with normal OSRS client and have a bot running in the background while watching youtube or other things on Google Chrome, after 1-2 hours i am using around 8-9 GB Memory.

+ having skype open, just open / logged in, no call or whatever, the bot in the background that is running / doing bot things + i have skype just open (logged in) and i am browsing on the internet and watching youtube / music, i go over 10 GB of memory.

Right now i have those things running while i am typing this, i have music on youtube and browsing on Google Chrome + Bot running in the background and i have skype just open, and i am using 10,8GB of Memory atm. (I have 16GB, lucky me.)
    And no, i dont have a old / bad pc, i7 OC 4.4 GHZ / Water cooled CPU / DDR4-3200 2x8GB / RTX 2060 6GB OC-edition / 2x M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD / and a overkill power supply.

TL;DR: Google Chrome / logged in to skype / having a bot running in the background can cause heavy memory use.
    And when you hit your memory limit, you gonne have lagg, 8GB memory on windows is not that: 'Thats enough memory for what programs u use this days.

//// Just my 1337 Cents.

4. juicemang

This made my head hurt.