1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Banned... What now?

Discussion in 'Guides' started by OldSchoolPking, Jun 29, 2017.

1. OldSchoolPking

Hey guys. I'm an "original" runescape player. (And yes, i'm talking rs classic original.) I played the game off and on since I was 13, before stopping when rs when to hell and then decided to come back. Anyways my buddy started playing recently and told me about runemate, so I figured I would give it a try. The nostalgia of playing this game again got me greedy and I ended up botting stupidly (Power cut for 8 hours straight and then picked flax for 8 hours to make some money. By day 2 I was perm banned after I had just become a member. Jokes on me I guess, anyways. I made a new account and have been playing legitly for a day or so. I do plan on botting on this character because I am a bit older now (I don't have the time to level this guy, like I did when I was a kid..) but I wanna make sure that I do not get banned.

Are there things I can do or things you suggest I do before I begin botting? If I decide to bot again, I am going to be a lot smarter than that and take breaks and switch up what I'm doing constantly.

Also is my IP address flagged? Should I be worried of already being flagged on my new account because I am using the same IP address?

Thanks for your help!

2. zebrabacon

I was in the same shoes as you. I came back to 2007scape about a week ago, botted straight through the night, woke up the next morning to a permaban. Made a new account and haven't botted for more than 4 hours non-stop. I try to keep it under that 4 hour mark, and I haven't had any problems on either of my 2 new accounts for the last week.

Also, I would highly recommend reading this as well: How to bot safely

3. Led

Led

#3 Led, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  4. Jaakkol

Jaakkol Fire caper

If your ISP support's switching to another IP, it wouldn't be bad idea to do so.
    Also, you should delete the Runescape cache, before creating the new account.

5. 0PrivacyMatter0

Yes your IP is flagged automatically the second you got banned. You need to instruct your ISP that you need a new IP and you should be good to go to bot right away. You're already breaking a rule being the fact that you shouldn't be botting on a FRESH account, but rather a used one. So be careful on the botting next time! Take it easy, slow xp is better than no xp.

6. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Your enthusiasm is adorable but stop talking about things you have literally 0 insight about.

Oridian, zeke do work and puppygirl like this.
  7. 0PrivacyMatter0

I'm telling you what I learned from my past experiences, if you have an argument then reply away and argue with me politely in better suggestions, that's the point! I'm starting conversation so the thread author might find more answers in your argument!

8. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

It's not necessary discussing about things that can't be backed with a single proven fact

puppygirl likes this.
  9. 0PrivacyMatter0

I agree. But from trial and error there's pre-cautions. My next advice in his boat would be to bot one account at a time instead of multiple ones for safety at least for a few weeks. I get 99s that's straight to the point, I botted a lot of accounts and I get banned after losing dumb stakes so if I don't stake anymore I shouldn't quit this time

10. puppygirl

puppygirl uwu :3

no the fuck it isn't. they do not flag IPs. If you have 100% proof they do i'll give ya 100m osrs.

I've had literally over 250+ account's banned on a single IP. yet my pures/stakers/mains/zerks/mules (everything not botted) is not banned. get the fuck out of here please, your nonsense is killing me.

Oridian and Wet Rag like this.
  11. Mia Malkova

For OSRS atleast, there is this "Ronald Drump" CC or something like that. They had bots spamming in other people's CC's and saying other vulgar things.

The OSRS team found those spamming accounts banned them, and then found their high level main accounts and banned them too.

12. puppygirl

puppygirl uwu :3

that is not bans for botting, but for harrassment/spamming, try again.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that in this case, they were manual bans by jmods. Not automatic bans which is how the bot system works :p

Wet Rag likes this.
  13. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Completely different ban reason bud.

puppygirl likes this.