1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Built In client breaks.

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by Prodder, Dec 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Prodder

Allow users to set an amount of time for the bot to run, then have it logout for an amount set by the user, then simply log back in and continue the script bot that was running previously. All times being randomized by a couple of minutes to keep detection low.

Another client currently has this however i cant remember which one. possibly OSbot

2. SlashnHax

This has been suggested before, I think the general consensus is that it would be a good feature, but at the moment it's a pretty low priority for the client developers.

Also, there are a few small issues such as:
    • What if the break handler kicks in at a bad time? E.g. During combat, or half way through a batch of crafting something.
    • What if the bot itself has issues with being stopped/started (usually due to bad coding)? E.g. A flax spinner that's coded to bank when out of flax, and spin when it has a full inventory of flax. If the break handler interrupts it during the crafting, then when it resumes it will be in a state of limbo.
    Both of these issues can be solved though.
    For the first one you could have the bot itself have a canBreak() method with a default implementation of 'return true;', that bots can override in cases where certain conditions are needed to be met to be able to break.
    For the second one, you could just fix the code have better logic, or you could still use the canBreak() method.

Either way, it's a good idea, although it's pretty low in priority afaik.

I'm partway through coding an implementation of it for use with Alpha Bots :p

vipertrek79 and Arbiter like this.