1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer hardware service

Discussion in 'Programming & Hardware' started by YubiBotter, Mar 2, 2015.

1. botmagic

Thanks man

However,I don't need case.SSD is a better choice,and RMate needs more memory,so i changed it a little bit:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7tH2Lk

@Lnr30
    lol,can't wait

2. YubiBotter

Yeah I didn't pick an SSD as you'd end up with a surplus if you were to buy multiple systems.
    And since they're only used for botting, an SSD would essentially be wasted on it.

RAM is understandable, although I cannot see an FX-8350 utilizing 16GB of RAM.

3. botmagic

Yeah,it's ok to go with a HDD when you run less than 5 bot.But with 8 bot SSD is highly recommended due to the high IOPS.Especially if your bot teleports often.You'll end up with higher gold per hour,and it takes tenth time to fully load 8 bot.

4. YubiBotter

I personally can't see a bot utilizing enough IOPS to bottleneck a HDD, and none of my previous clients have complained about performance issues.
    Bare in mind some clients request systems capable of over 40 bots, one of which bought a dual xeon system.

5. botmagic

dual xeon system?how much does it costs?

6. YubiBotter

I don't recall as I was banned from that forum unfortunately, but it was rather expensive, some people are very into their farms.
    Not sure if you've been apart of other communities, but well known people such as Ironhide and Xhyalus (two I remember off the top of my head), were people who buy multiple i7 rigs for large farms and neither suffered from issues with a hard drive.

7. Lnr30

Banned for giving bad advice....
    --- Double Post Merged, May 5, 2015, Original Post Date: May 5, 2015 ---
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/hB6rCJ

Sorry for the wait, I wanted to get the best possible parts for your build. If you go for this build you won't have any issues.

8. botmagic

Yeah it's possible to not to suffer from performance issues with HDD.but not with Runemate

@Lnr30
    Nice Athlon :)

9. YubiBotter

That's essentially suggesting that Runemate is poorly optimized, I can't see the client utilizing that many IOPS, regardless of your storage situation.

10. botmagic

start up 8 bot with HDD and let's see what happens ;)
    run each of them with different users

11. YubiBotter

As much as I'd like to, I quit RS 3 years ago.
    If you run Windows 8, you can show me a printscreen of your Task Manager, it will show the Megabytes per second used by any application.

12. botmagic

[​IMG]

13. YubiBotter

Yeah as I thought, a HDD would easily run that, 25mb/s io is fine.
    Hard drives can typically go up to around 130mb/s (excluding the awful VelociRaptor).

14. Lnr30

I think at this point it is pretty obvious you have no idea what you are talking about. botmagic if you head over to my thread you can get some professional advice.

15. botmagic

yeah,if we're talking about sequential reading.but it's not just sequential,so it will be a LOT slower

upload_2015-5-5_17-51-48.png upload_2015-5-5_17-51-56.png

that's what i'm talking about :) when random read comes,HDD dies

16. YubiBotter

I see your point, however I still don't believe an SSD is necessary when the actual read/write operations are due to Runescape and not RM. Meaning every bot will have approximately the same IOPS, like you said teleporting will be one of the only benefits it provides, which imo isn't cost effective.

17. Philosobyte

If I'm not mistaken, the data for the current section of Runescape's map (and many other logical functions) is loaded into the RAM, so Runescape only utilizes the hard drive for two types of things: loading new map sections, which seems to be a largely sequential task; and loading internet/server-downloaded data for interactions and chat dialogue, which should take up very little bandwidth.

So I agree with YubiBotter - an HDD should do just finely.
    For one or two systems, the cost difference etween an SSD and an HDD isn't that large, so I would get a 128 gigs SSD just because. But for several systems, the extra cost might start compounding.

18. Lnr30

Actually that is incorrect, RAM is not used while playing Runescape at all. Everything is done through the HDD so it would be best for him to get a 500GB+ SSD because it keeps writing more and more data to the hard drive and will fill it up pretty quickly when botting on multiple accounts. A 120GB SSD would only last about 2 weeks with constant botting because of this so the larger the SSD he gets the longer he can go without having to reformat.

19. hegsy

Need a build - $5-600 to spend
    Botting/CS:GO

20. YubiBotter

hegsy likes this.