1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cuppa GoutweedTubers [BETA] 1.0.33

Dig up some money roots!

1. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

CuppaJava submitted a new resource:

Cuppa GoutweedTubers [BETA] - Dig up some money roots!

Read more about this resource...

#1 CuppaJava, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2024
  2. Kuddly

Kuddly https://www.sythe.org/members/oshianna.1162656/

Doesn't recognize the camelot tab in inventory, also been doing this for 5 hours are you sure it's 1-2 an hour? What was your woodcutting level?

3. CuppaJava

How does it not recognize the teleport tab, is it activating the "can't find tab" failsafe?

I'm not completely sure if it's 1-2 per hour, that was just in my few hours of testing. I'll test it more soon, this was just kind of an initial release. My woodcutting level is only around 65, though my combat level was fairly high.

How many bushes did it hack down in ~an hour for you?

4. Kuddly

Kuddly https://www.sythe.org/members/oshianna.1162656/

Yes it appears with cant find tab failsafe and I can't remember I have much lower combat though and only 40 woodcutting maybe that's why

5. CuppaJava

6. CuppaJava

7. CuppaJava

8. CuppaJava

#8 CuppaJava, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  9. CuppaJava

10. bia10

I understand that this was probably intended as small project and as such its tremendous success, however since i like your work very much and see it as a fresh air in a pile of stale outdated and mostly buggy free scripts bots i am going to go beyond the intent and offer my sincere criticism and request certain features i would love to see.

Generic problems
    • the main problem is bot assumes relatively low skill/gear levels and such doesn't take many possibilities into account.
    Pathing
    • when walking from Camelot to Catherby ship bot constantly miss clicks into beehives and waste precious time walking outside beehives field
    • if bot returns to Catherby bank its possible for it to navigate beside the bank wall and get stuck in infinite loop of interact("Bank") -> "not reachable"
    Combat
    • option for high-levels for pro-active combat, for someone who one-hits snakes/spiders its faster to initiate the fight and immediately re-click to slashing vine as soon as death animation begins, rather then currently wasting a non-dming tick for retaliation to kick in
    • option to actually fight the Broodoo victims, WHY? for low levels it makes no sense, however for high levels its completely simple and fast fight, the actual drop has severe value, the shields made from the masks as very low volume traded object sells instantly for 10-13k in one day for 15-16k therefore for higher level its nice profit along side to collect the masks, for mid levels theres still possibility to use protect from magic and use a statue literally next spot to recharge prayer.
    • Is there actually need to always run away and world hop from broodoo victims?, i assume that broodoo victims magic needs LOS to work, theres ton-shit of vines around just make the bot block LOS of the broodo victim targeting us and continue slashing, once too many broodos are present and no position of safety with a vine exists run away and world hop, lets not forget the prayer options also the statue is just few clicks away
    • Actually how does the broodoo victim detection works? What if multiple players simultaneously trigger broodoo victim while i am just happily slashing mah vines. Does the bot considers this scenario? Do i need to run from broodo victims triggered by others or only myself? Do i have care at all?
    Inventory
    • better inventory management overall is needed, currently the drooping method is both slow and in- accurate rarely it even miss clicks to drop the tuber itself
    • more droping methods, shift-click drop, slash X drop X this is especially a must for lvls 80+ wcing for lower levels it makes more sense to fill the inventory full then drop
    • order the inventory before dropping as legit player i move my tubers upward and then shift click all sticks i have no interest in evading tubers randomly scattered in my inventory
    Therefore lets imagine a big boss guy who needs no antidote no food and chops very fast, slaughters broodoo victims on few hits wants to use this script bot, currently there is not much support given at all. The performance compared to doing manually is especially for such a char significantly lower.

Thanks for your effort, if you want i can write such criticism for all other of yours scripts bots, although i understand there some underlying nasty bugs within runemate itself.

proggy:
    tubers.png

#10 bia10, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  11. CuppaJava

@bla10 that was some of the most complete feedback I've received in a while, thank you :)

Just to address this first, you are totally right that this was just kind of a small project. In fact, a Goutweed Tuber gatherer was my first bot I ever made (~2 years ago), but I never released it. So a couple months ago I rewrote it from the ground up to update and release it just for fun, and this is my second or third least used bot (next to Cuppa LovakengjFavour and Cuppa MuseumQuiz.

[​IMG]

https://i.imgur.com/DigyF8U.png

So I probably won't put too much more work into making it flawless :p That being said I can still add certain quicker fixes into my todo list.

Yeah, I see the bot as a bit of a mid-level moneymaker (or a tool to get a goutweed tuber on an ironman). But if adding support for more gear/etc would help, I could add it

That's a super strange one, the bot shouldn't be pathing that far south-west. I'll see if I have the path dragging too low.

That is a pretty big bug and I should fix it.

Fair, letting autoretaliate kick in was just the lazy way for me to do it :p Detecting combat is surprisingly awkward on runemate (which is why I have no other combat bots), but I could make it so if an NPC is next to us and targeting us, we'll attack it.

It's mostly what I mentioned before, this is kinda intended to be for low-mid level accounts. High level accounts just have better moneymakers available than this tbh. Once I start adding prayer management and picking up dropped items and LOS detection it just makes the bot a lot more complicated for not a ton of benefit.

Broodoo detection is pretty simplistic, if it detects a broodoo within a certain range it'll worldhop (running away if it has to). It does this because the broodoos wander a lot and have long range, so they'll fairly quickly become an issue if anywhere nearby.

Misclicking the tuber is definitely not ideal :rolleyes: But there isn't a ton on my end to do about this one. Runemate's clicks are handled mostly by runemate, and aren't always precise. I'd recommend just leaving the drop-value-limit-warning on and it (shouldn't) be able to ever drop a tuber.

I was fairly certain the bot does shift click drop a full inv? If it doesn't, I'll take another look.

I agree, this would make more sense, it was just kinda a minor thing.

Regarding the buggy proggy, I know :p Proggy's can be a little weird on runemate, I'm still trying to find the most accurate ways to track skills and items. It usually works, but as you could see it sometimes doesn't.

Thank you for all the feedback :) I'll definitely keep this post saved to address the more major/quick fixes when I get some time.

12. RickMS

Does this support camelot teleport spell? (1 law 5 air runes) instead of just camelot teletabs?

If not, can you please add that as an option? Would be really helpful

#12 RickMS, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  13. CuppaJava

Yeah that makes sense, for ironmen right? I was thinking the same thing as teleport tabs aren't very common on trailblazer mode

I'll look into adding this soon :)

14. bia10

Okay did some more debugging and few more weird stuff occurs.

What i have observed is that bot sometimes starts in carherby grabs stuff goes to karajama and then cuts a vine upon broodovictim hops, then recalls to camelot and return back, after this weird recall it proceeds to work normally.

After 3hrs i got lucky with 7 tubers took a nap and found bot logged out, logged in standing in catherby bank with only 3 tubers nothing was banked. So i decided to investigate where did the tubers go?

as its unlikely to drop so many and indeed they weren't droped rather even more confusingly the bot ate them!

[​IMG]

LOL! man this is so hilarious i nearly fell off my chair.

Okay now back to some more serious stuff:

regarding ideal mid-high lvl setup for broodo victims:
    stats 80ties 70 prayer, 83 wc
    serpentine helm, fire cape, amulet of fury, dragon claws , black d'hide body, black d'hide chaps, regen bracelet, dragon boots

once broodo spawns , flick piety on dclaws spec, usualy takes 1-2 hits more to finish.. done in 2-5s

slash 2 drop 2 collect masks ... this way i avarage legitly on 150-200k/h in masks assumed as shields and 3-4tubers/h not a very bad at all :]

The quiz museum is a blast and i have used it on every single account! Although slow it does the job and has not yet failed me so far.

Regarding the small usage of this script bot its hard to not be able to see it as pure benefit given how poorly the current broodo detection works, for this script bot to become popular would imply that rebound effects inherent in non-discriminatory broodoo detection would decrease the overall effectiveness in correlation to how many users there are. Simply put the more popular it becomes the less effective it is.

Personally what i find hard as currently developing combat bot is not using prayer, special attack or so... its rather getting proper global navigation and pathing to work also getting proper fast accurate and yet safe mouse hovering/interaction these thing are surprisingly hard to do.

15. CuppaJava

That is very strange, I've never seen the bot do that before. There's code specifically in place so that the bot shouldn't recognize them as food...
    It's possible there was a caching issue with runemate (as happens sometimes), causing the cursor to be off and misclick on the tubers repeatedly... but that's very odd. I'll have to do more testing to see if I can reproduce it.

This is really overcomplicating things for such a simple bot tbh. If this was a really great moneymaker or something I could look into adding support for prayers and spec weapons etc, but like I said I don't expect this bot to get a lot of usage, and lowkey I just have other projects I'd rather work on. You're welcome to remake the bot if you'd like tbh.

I also wouldn't recommend botting a med-low level moneymaker on an account with dclaws on it, seems like unnecessary risk.

You're totally right, it would be more of an issue with more users. I did plan to work on this more if it gained traction, but eh.

It's not that prayers or specs are "complicated", I use them in my other bots as necessary (eg. dragon pickaxe spec, etc), but it's moreso that bots already get quite bloated quite quickly, and adding a lot of obscure features like dclaws and piety support on a low-mid level moneymaker isn't very useful to most people.

I mean I have 22 public bots currently (although ~7 of those are lite versions), so I just try to keep to core features and stability, mostly.

Traversal is annoying to learn on runemate, you're right, especially since the web doesn't work very well. I put a lot of time into creating my own custom traversal logic which is the backbone of all my bots.

16. CuppaJava

#16 CuppaJava, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  17. RickMS

yep. thanks!

18. bia10

i see you did update the pathing problems fixed however the main problems remain:
    • bot sometimes starts in carherby grabs stuff goes to karajama and then cuts a vine upon broodovictim hops, then recalls to camelot and return back, after this weird recall it proceeds to work normally.
    • sometimes eat tubers when outa food

19. CuppaJava

Yeah I haven't really had the time to overhaul this bot yet, I was mostly just re-adding "BETA" till I have time to revisit it.

20. CuppaJava