Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Cuppa Guardians of the Rift

I've been having a issue where if I'm having issues with the bot and need to stop just to reset it etc etc it will change me again even if its only been 20mins... This has happen good 13 times now... at first I was like meh... its only $0.12... But now its starting to add up... I've sent RuneMate a chat about this issue days ago... and still nothing back...

also... I'm 35mins into running this bot and have only received 3 loot pulls... 85 RC with all runes unlocked and upgraded pouch... Not sure if bot is bugging a lot or what? seems like low loot for 30mins

cuppa.drink(java);
I've been having a issue where if I'm having issues with the bot and need to stop just to reset it etc etc it will change me again even if its only been 20mins... This has happen good 13 times now... at first I was like meh... its only $0.12... But now its starting to add up... I've sent RuneMate a chat about this issue days ago... and still nothing back...

also... I'm 35mins into running this bot and have only received 3 loot pulls... 85 RC with all runes unlocked and upgraded pouch... Not sure if bot is bugging a lot or what? seems like low loot for 30mins
If you'd like a refund, you can DM me and send me a screenshot of the transactions from https://www.runemate.com/community/adcredits/

If the bot is consistently giving issues, please test using the lite version so you don't get charged and send me log(s) from session(s) where it's having the issue, as well as info on the issue

Logs are in help > view logs

Been trying to run this on leagues, but it keeps doing weird things like spam clicking the fragment rocks. It'll stop and pause before going into the altars and also tries to charge the guardian without crafting

EDIT: restarted my client like suggested and it worked lol

Last edited:
cuppa.drink(java);
Been trying to run this on leagues, but it keeps doing weird things like spam clicking the fragment rocks. It'll stop and pause before going into the altars and also tries to charge the guardian without crafting
I was just using it on my account on leagues so it should definitely be working.

Have you done the normal debugging? Restart osrs & rm, disable runelite plugins (it's best to have essentially all off; you can make a separate profile for when not botting). & test using lite version if you like

I was just using it on my account on leagues so it should definitely be working.

Have you done the normal debugging? Restart osrs & rm, disable runelite plugins (it's best to have essentially all off; you can make a separate profile for when not botting). & test using lite version if you like
Iight bet I'll try it again and disable anything causing issues.

Works well! I feel like it is a bit "dumb" though. I often see it crafting a full inventory of runes while the portal has just spawned or is about to spawn. Seems inefficient.

I've set it to auto-balance, but there's 10 reward point difference between the two types of energy currently, it seems to only be balanced in the "dumb" sense, as in, it will balance the points it gets while running, not try to balance based on the amount you have before starting the bot. This 10-point discrepancy has occurred because I stopped the bot at an unlucky time when it was ahead on one kind of energy and because I lost some games after gaining X points, so I guess I have just gotten unlucky and now it's 10 points ahead and it's not correcting itself.

Edit: Now after writing all this it has started correcting itself it seems. Either by lucky chance or intentionally? I'm not sure. I did change some settings so perhaps the timings are now in the opposite direction, meaning it will balance out. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Would be nice it if used dragon pickaxe special attack before mining.

I like how it stays in the portal if the game has ended, to mine a full inventory. That seems like an efficient thing to have implemented.

So yeah, it gets the job done, but it could be more efficient IMO. Also happy new years!

Last edited:
cuppa.drink(java);
@Gulp howdy and thank you for the feedback :)

I often see it crafting a full inventory of runes while the portal has just spawned or is about to spawn. Seems inefficient.
It shouldn't be crafting runes when the portal has already spawned, but it doesn't currently pre-empt portal spawns yeah. By my understanding, while spawns are semi-regular they're not actually on an exact timer, and my concern is the bot standing around for say 30 seconds expecting it to spawn soon?

I can look into tracking it in the backend, it's just a balancing act of not idling too long.

I've set it to auto-balance, but there's 10 reward point difference between the two types of energy currently, it seems to only be balanced in the "dumb" sense, as in, it will balance the points it gets while running, not try to balance based on the amount you have before starting the bot.
Nah not at all, it balances in the "smart" sense where it balances across games. So the larger the difference between the two point types, the more heavily it leans that way. The reason it does so is to avoid overcorrecting in any given game. For example if you have a 0 point difference, it balances relatively neutral (probably a slight catalytic lean if you're high level due to bloods/deaths/etc). If you have 5 more points it's a moderate lean, a 10 point difference is a heavy lean, and it caps very heavily at a 20 point difference. The reason it goes so high is because 20 point difference starts prioritizing say, earth runes over chaos and cosmic runes etc (or something like that), which we want to avoid as long as possible.

Also it balances even better over long runtimes, but also does the above in short runtimes too.

Would be nice it if used dragon pickaxe special attack before mining.
Uhh it should be using it any time it's at 100% spec and mining fragments. Though it doesn't at the portal since you only mine like 5 seconds.

Either way I appreciate the thorough feedback :) And will look into whichever tweaks I can make to the portal spawn especially, but the balancing and spec as well.

@Gulp howdy and thank you for the feedback :)

It shouldn't be crafting runes when the portal has already spawned, but it doesn't currently pre-empt portal spawns yeah. By my understanding, while spawns are semi-regular they're not actually on an exact timer, and my concern is the bot standing around for say 30 seconds expecting it to spawn soon?

I can look into tracking it in the backend, it's just a balancing act of not idling too long.

Portals might not be exact, I'm not 100%. But I know you can count on them pretty reliably. If you look at https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Guardians_of_the_Rift/Strategies#General_strategy (Look at mass strategy)

You can see how people usually time it. But the rule of thumb is that you do 1x normal craft 1x portal, and repeat. Max idle will be 10 seconds or so, which is still better than making an entire inventory of essence right before a portal spawns, right?

@Gulp
Nah not at all, it balances in the "smart" sense where it balances across games. So the larger the difference between the two point types, the more heavily it leans that way. The reason it does so is to avoid overcorrecting in any given game. For example if you have a 0 point difference, it balances relatively neutral (probably a slight catalytic lean if you're high level due to bloods/deaths/etc). If you have 5 more points it's a moderate lean, a 10 point difference is a heavy lean, and it caps very heavily at a 20 point difference. The reason it goes so high is because 20 point difference starts prioritizing say, earth runes over chaos and cosmic runes etc (or something like that), which we want to avoid as long as possible.

Also it balances even better over long runtimes, but also does the above in short runtimes too.

You're right. My bad. I didn't realize it was doing it over so many games. It works fine now that I'm aware that's how it works.

@Gulp
Uhh it should be using it any time it's at 100% spec and mining fragments. Though it doesn't at the portal since you only mine like 5 seconds.

You're right. It does use it. I was mistaken.

@Gulp
Either way I appreciate the thorough feedback :) And will look into whichever tweaks I can make to the portal spawn especially, but the balancing and spec as well.

You're very welcome and thanks for listening. The only thing of what I said that seems worth looking into is the portal timings. Spec is fine. Balancing is fine. The way you have done it is fine, now that I understand it.

How a normal player would do the portals, is mine until there's like 35 seconds left until altars open, then run up, craft a full inventory + pouches, craft the first runes, return, and then the portal spawns. After that, it's just craft - portal - craft - portal - craft - portal, until the game is over.

Hey, I was over charged. I was using Cuppa GOTR I noticed when I got home from work that it said Prepping for break, it also said that before I left. I attached a screenshot which says charged for 14 hours and the runtime on client was 6:30.
note-The stop button was red but i clicked it before screenshot

I also want to state this bot is great not complaining, keep up the amazing work man.Screenshot 2024-01-12 163613.png

cuppa.drink(java);
Hey, I was over charged. I was using Cuppa GOTR I noticed when I got home from work that it said Prepping for break, it also said that before I left. I attached a screenshot which says charged for 14 hours and the runtime on client was 6:30.
note-The stop button was red but i clicked it before screenshot

I also want to state this bot is great not complaining, keep up the amazing work man.View attachment 13391
Hey, yeah it sounds like Runemate crashed somehow here but kept running.

Can you dm me the log from the session (found in help > view logs) so I can take a look? Just want to double check.

Either way though I've sent a refund for 8 hours here.

Hey Cuppa, great bot so far. Do you think you could add in an option to drop talismans? Seen some games where I'm carrying around 3 talismans, and one is an air talisman which is quite un-useful. Keep up the good work!

cuppa.drink(java);
Hey Cuppa, great bot so far. Do you think you could add in an option to drop talismans? Seen some games where I'm carrying around 3 talismans, and one is an air talisman which is quite un-useful. Keep up the good work!
Hey :) You can disable collecting talismans on whichever guardian you want, by right clicking that guardian and toggling it off

cuppa.drink(java);
this isnt working with most recent update
What isn't working?

There was a game update today, where bots briefly stopped working. But everything should be working if you restart osrs & RM, or your PC.

Feel free to test using the lite version