How to bot safely

Discussion in 'Guides' started by EvilCabbage, Dec 20, 2014.

1. EvilCabbage

My guess would be that you were spotted by a J-Mod or reported and got checked out (if it's a 2-day).

2. Prayerzz

I got a question for this.
    I used to bot heavily with powerbot.org back in the days, did questing services and shit was fun.

Is it still possible to maintain an all botted account without a single ban?
    So not even a temp ban.
    (all botted as in no skill trained without a script bot.)

3. EvilCabbage

Technically, yes

4. Prayerzz

is it possible with current available bot's or none publicly available bots ? :p

5. EvilCabbage

It's possible with current bots. I'm in the process of training one myself without applying any manual work.

iTzRaDiaNTTV likes this.
  6. Binger9989

It's very much possible. But I have zero fucking clue why this account has survived.

#146 Binger9989, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  7. iTzRaDiaNTTV

iTzRaDiaNTTV Community Member

Great advice! I had no idea till just recent that Jagex has spots they watch 24/7 lol so thanks for the tip! and yes the Hours a Day and a week I think cos most of my suicide bots that go for 12 houes+ then take a break to get banned inside a week or less.. learned that the hard way 50 email ACC's later lol XD
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 4, 2019, Original Post Date: Jul 4, 2019 ---
    Great advice! wow sounds like my 50 emails that are banned from testing different botting spots and how long they can run in 1 session. Nice advice!

8. billytheweed

if you think the rat in downtown are bad wait until you meet the one working for jagex.

9. Blackmass42

am new to botting how do I use it, ive put my account on and got a bot setup but its not doing anything

10. Weird

I have a small (maybe useful) addition to this which I just posted on this thread: Ban Coincidences - My findings (how to proceed)

I had an account banned whilst doing Wintertodt for the past few days. I have done many hours botting Wintertodt including multiple 99s and have not been banned on those accounts.

The only difference with this account is that I botted it shortly after a game update and before the Runemate client had been updated to suit. In this time I got 2-3 exception thrown errors whilst trying to run the bots. A couple of days later, account was banned after multiple hours of Wintertodt.

All of this ties in with the post here: Mod MMG on Myths and Misconceptions:
    I think these exception thrown errors are a big blip on Jagex's radar and will automatically get you banned (perhaps a few days later to throw the user off the scent).

To avoid this I believe you should use bots that you know work properly, and maybe avoid botting straight after game updates.

11. Good Luck

i Always Get banned when using a proxy or a vpn.. I’ve noticed that with proxy and vpn I can not log into my profile on osrs home page, and I guess that’s a flag when logging into account