1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to bot safely

Discussion in 'Guides' started by EvilCabbage, Dec 20, 2014.

1. magnuz

Did not know, though i've botted pures in the past (didnt know what i was doing) that got banned, and im talking 2 digits. most have been banned while i was logged into my main and i've had no problems with that. i've never botted on that acc though

2. restinpeacemoka

hey guys, came back to rs after 5 yr break, im surprised how bots are improved, i am pretty much botting 20h a day on 2 acc for 2 weeks now (both pures) but i am doing a lot of pking and some questing in the middle, + i talk a lot in cc for brief period of times, but then leave pc for 8hrs and let it work, am i just lucky or this is working? i am now really scared that i will get banned cuz accounts are really good at this point, got few hr left on my 200, planning to buy some more, but am i too greedy?

3. EvilCabbage

That's definitely too greedy.

4. Jaakkol

Jaakkol Fire caper

If you really care about your accounts, I wouldn't bot even half of that time that you do per day.

5. morfect

morfect lets get it

6. Ayyjae

I got banned and I tried contacting Jagex multiple times on evidence of me botting and they gave me no answer.. Do Mods contact you in-game directly and decide weather or not you're botting? The only way you can get the chance of banned is if someone in-game reports you themselves correct?

7. EvilCabbage

There are many ways of detecting bots, but many reports do get you on a shortlist or whatever. They also have a detection system that you can trigger (by being logged in for insane amounts of time, not showing signs of tiredness, and so on). They provide no evidence of bans, because, as they say, such info could be used to avoid bans. 'Manual bans' exist as well, and these are random bans, and the result of a Jagex moderator being at the right time in the right place, or better, you in the wrong place at the wrong time.

8. staffix

staffix Superior All Knowing Person!

Not true, i've already proven that several times ;)

Botting for absurd amounts of hours does NOT = bans..
    i've done several 100 hour sessions without any breaks or logouts - on multiple accounts, for over a year ;)

9. EvilCabbage

Nightmarezone is different from say red chins for 100 hours straight without breaks.

I base it off this post.

10. staffix

staffix Superior All Knowing Person!

I've never said that the 100 hour sessions were in NMZ, i wouldn't use NMZ as an example since it's an instance. ;)

- And just because it's Arbi saying it, doesn't mean it has to be true..

11. EvilCabbage

No, but it makes more sense than Jagex not finding anything suspicious about people playing for 100 hours straight.. Then again, it's Jagex.

12. Sinning

Is it actually unsafe to type while bot is going?

13. EvilCabbage

No clue, really. Everything we believe is speciulation. But it doesn't make sense to have multiple inputs at the same time, so dont talk while youre bot is dropping an inventory of fish really fast or something. Doesn't make sense. Of course talking is a good idea, as doing so establishes the idea that you're a human. Not replying to questions does the opposite.

14. Cody Lee

How I bot safe is I make a account hand do tutorial and the buy a bond do a couple quest train couple skills then I let it sit for around a month then I bot 12+ hrs a day works perfect for me got 3 accounts maxed out and couple pures maxes with fcape. Only time I been banned was when I left my agility bot on for 15 hrs

15. jerohero

jerohero always seeking a way

you can also run this command in run.

shutdown -s -t (seconds)

if you are afraid that you will forget that your bot is running and will run the whole day would i recommend this command because this command will shutdown your pc/laptop and will also close your bot and your client (note:be aware this method is used for skilling because when you are in combat you are still online after a few minutes and because your bot client is closed will it not eat)

want to cancel the shutdown use:

shutdown -c

i hope that this is usefull for some because i doesn't have prolems with it ;)

16. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

The -c parameter stands for "comment" and only serves the purpose to add a reason to a shutdown command.
    Use -a for "abort" instead.

17. jerohero

jerohero always seeking a way

shutdown -a was it yes, thanks

18. 0PrivacyMatter0

I recommend using one account at a time to maximize security of your IP.

19. musttee

I just made a fresh new account that I wanna rwt perhaps later so I used Cyberghost VPN. (alt with proxy, main safe)
    I was botting like 2-3hrs and suddenly it showed on my screen that VPN has stopped working.

Do you think Jagex got info about my ip changing from proxy to home ip?

20. tdotsfinest12

@EvilCabbage some questions hopefully you can answer them for me:
    1. If i make an account and don't play on him at all and just wait 6 months, is that good?
    2. On botting hotspots for example Blast Furnace. Would 2-3 hours a day be good?