1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to bot safely

Discussion in 'Guides' started by EvilCabbage, Dec 20, 2014.

1. EvilCabbage

This is between all people who currently have membership.

2. Imfamouslab

If that is the case, I don't see much of what Jagex are saying as true if they are using hours from members to make these conclusions. Bit bias and that does not make a good statement or statistic

3. Shabutie

I haven't been botting safely at all and I haven't been banned yet on the account that got the 2 day ban a while back from runemate.

This is quite a lot of botting, sessions lasting 10h+ even entire day pretty often. Don't know how I haven't been banned tbh it's obvious as fuck lol.

4. Skyscrapers

the first part of my reply applies to members just as well. especially if you bought one of those membership packages and decided to not play a lot anymore later before it expired. and with bonds, having membership doesn't really cost much. membership doesn't always translate into actually playing the game anymore.

5. Nobernil

They could add your account on the confirmed-bot list and only ban your account when it is higher level to make the loss more painful.

But yea, take my opinion with a grain of salt.

6. Sombra

I've seen bots that are going strong with 80+ in their respective skill, but haven't been banned, and aren't wearing anything, what makes them able to get away with it so long, if they're doing almost nothing in this guide, are they just getting lucky?

7. fluttar

why necrobump? also to stay on the topic, rs3 banrates are way lower than you'd think, you can get multiple 120s with some caution

8. EvilCabbage

This thread is a sticky, so no necrobumping took place lol.

9. Sombra

Apparently they are, I doubt I'd get a level 60 before getting banned, let alone getting 120s, so probably a lot of caution is taken.

10. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

It comes down to the botter tbh. If you play legit every now and then and have a bit luck you can max out easily. I am sitting on a total level of 2500+ from mostly botting the stats. Doing quests is a very good way to bring some entropy into your activity :)

11. Sombra

Wow, good job haha, I'm tempted to have a shot at some point, to see how far I can get, but I suppose you're right, people who suicide bot, won't have accounts that last very long, on average.

12. RiceNice

Just posting in this thread instead of starting another: If I'm wanting to run two bots at once, or just one while I'm playing legit, is using a VPN + VM a bit overkill? Are machine ID and IP address things to be worried about? (n00b botter here)

13. Yuuki Asuna

better safe than sorry.

14. Mmaaikel

If the vm is on a remote location then the VPN is useless. Othetwise it is also useless because everybody can use a vpn which ip you share which means it is useless.

15. Insomniac

VPN is gonna get you banned in most cases.

16. RiceNice

The VM is being ran from my home computer, but my i3 gets pretty stressed running it :D

Fair enough. I bot safely anyway. I suppose I'll look into these sorts of measures if I ever do get banned. Cheers.

17. magnuz

bot 6-8 hrs a day, and at times you would normally play eh? you rly think i just play 8 hours a day? :^)

18. Jaakkol

Jaakkol Fire caper

I have to disagree with you on that. Human does have two hands. If you're stunalching on other and doing agility on other account, I find it very suspicious.

IMO Jagex would be very stupid to not use that as threat for catching botters.

19. magnuz

Then again there could be multiple people playing on the same IP, my brother used to play legit while i botted a while pre-eoc and i got banned on several accs (bot nuke) but he was fine.

20. Jaakkol

Jaakkol Fire caper

It's easy to detect MAC-address of your computer.