Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tutorial MacOS - Fix Error 831468

I try both I have tried standalone I can download I have seen people on here with the same error msgs I am having we are all having the same problem, some must be able to do a video or something

maybe some one can help me!
when i start the program i get :

An internal error occurred (error code: Could not load JRE from The bundle “Java SE 8” couldn’t be loaded because its executable couldn’t be located..)

mabye someone have a solution!
Having the exact same issue, any way to fix this?

I try both I have tried standalone I can download I have seen people on here with the same error msgs I am having we are all having the same problem, some must be able to do a video or something
Having the exact same issue, any way to fix this?

I have this issue with the mac installer, but i thought it wasn't in use atm. But I use the standalone version with no issue

TL;DR: Remove the system classloader JVM option from the application's Info.plist file.

On macOS you may be getting an AgentLoadException when trying to start a bot with RuneMate.

There has been a "fix" for this in another post, which however only worked because the author made a happy accident by getting the order of java arguments wrong.

You will only be getting this issue when using the OSRS application.

1. Right click on your OSRS application, and select "Show Package Contents"
  2. In the Contents directory you'll find a file called Info.plist
  3. Edit it with either Xcode or a text editor like TextEdit
    • For Xcode, remove the JVMOptions entry as shown in the image below
    • Using a text editor, remove the line saying <string>-Djava.system.class.loader=app.systemclassloader</string>
  4. Save the changes and start your OSRS application again.

In case the application complains about "being damaged" now, simply remove and redownload the osrs application and try above steps again.

7wGReNq.png

As a short, technical explanation, the OSRS application uses a custom classloader as system classloader, which is responsible for loading jar files (such as RuneMate's attach agent) during runtime.
Jagex' custom classloader doesn't support this operation, which is why we have to remove the classloader from the JVM options.

The Windows client does not include this classloader, making this only an issue for macOS.

Feel free to ask question if you have problems, I've spent a lot of time figuring out the cause of the issue.

As i get to the file and delete the script through TextEditor it says the script is locked and cant be unlocked how do i bypass this?

TL;DR: Remove the system classloader JVM option from the application's Info.plist file.

On macOS you may be getting an AgentLoadException when trying to start a bot with RuneMate.

There has been a "fix" for this in another post, which however only worked because the author made a happy accident by getting the order of java arguments wrong.

• Using a text editor, remove the line saying <string>-Djava.system.class.loader=app.systemclassloader</string>

In case the application complains about "being damaged" now, simply remove and redownload the osrs application and try above steps again.

7wGReNq.png

As a short, technical explanation, the OSRS application uses a custom classloader as system classloader, which is responsible for loading jar files (such as RuneMate's attach agent) during runtime.
Jagex' custom classloader doesn't support this operation, which is why we have to remove the classloader from the JVM options.

The Windows client does not include this classloader, making this only an issue for macOS.

Feel free to ask question if you have problems, I've spent a lot of time figuring out the cause of the issue.

I have a Macbook Pro and I can confirm this works. Thank you so much, this saved me from so much frustration. For future reference, I was using the stand alone package and followed this tutorial as the root user. Everything worked flawlessly.

I have a Macbook Pro and I can confirm this works. Thank you so much, this saved me from so much frustration. For future reference, I was using the stand alone package and followed this tutorial as the root user. Everything worked flawlessly.

Did you use TextEditor or Xcode? I have 2008 Macbook with the most recent updated OS software but yet when i open up the pfile within contents it says the TextEditor is locked and gives only the option to duplicate the file instead of actually editing and saving it as it. Any suggestions? How do i unlock the TextEditor to delete the desired script to run RuneMate without the AgentLoadException error? HELP

Did you use TextEditor or Xcode? I have 2008 Macbook with the most recent updated OS software but yet when i open up the pfile within contents it says the TextEditor is locked and gives only the option to duplicate the file instead of actually editing and saving it as it. Any suggestions? How do i unlock the TextEditor to delete the desired script to run RuneMate without the AgentLoadException error? HELP

I used the default text editor. Are you root?

Follow this tutorial and after you have done so, log in as the root user and try again.

How to enable the root user on your Mac or change your root password

This is not applicable for RS3. I found running the RS3 client with a bash script would allow RuneMate to bind to the client.

i removed the line and all but its still giving the same error message :/ any ideas?
RESOLVED!!!! VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: If u remove the line using textedit and its still not working,make sure u leave a blank line where the removed line was, don't remove the gap in the text where the line was or it won't work!

This is not applicable for RS3. I found running the RS3 client with a bash script would allow RuneMate to bind to the client.

What do you mean a "bash script"? Will this fix the issue I am having with the legacy version no longer being available, and my mac not being able to run the NXT version on Runemate?

7wGReNq.png

when I delete the script a window pops up and says unable to unlock and won't let me unlock it.
this worked for me last month but had to reboot now it won't let me edit the script.

hey guys im having this issue im new to the site and botting i have windows 10 with the legacy client game boots up but when i try to load the bot it failed to start due to an exception and i cant find what i have to do to fix this...

Thank you so MUCH for this fix!! and taking your time to figure it out!!! I had already spent hours looking for a solution!

I removed the line of code, saved and i still get the same error when trying to run a bot. I followed the example given and removed the line of code and saved and retried and was still met with AgentLoadException when attempting to start a bot instance. Any further ideas?

Last edited: