1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll for Ads in users signatures

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by moneyblades, Feb 23, 2016.

?

Should Ads be allowed in users signatures?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    51.2%
  3. Doesn't matter to me

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
  1. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

250px is fine for height limit, your sig is 247. No problem there ;)

Insomniac likes this.
  2. moneyblades

I've never liked how big the signature was, I would much rather have a smaller one however this is the only signature I have as all my old ones are on my old computer which is broken. :/

3. YubiBotter

Even if you don't have the source files to these images you can certainly download your large one and crop it, that way you lose neither quality nor detail in your image, you simply remove the transparent waste.

4. moneyblades

I tried that however the area immediate area around the image will no longer be transparent and it wont look as good on a black or white background depending on which one I crop it from

5. YubiBotter

Not quite sure what you mean, but I've cropped it and retained transparency.
    [​IMG]

6. moneyblades

ah thank you so much, when I tried it lost transparency, however I didn't try to crop it in photoshop as I don't have it but thank you regardless :)
    Side note thats off topic, thanks for help with the pc build, it works great :)

7. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

You're fine. We try to use common sense when making decisions instead of just relying on the word of the law. :p

YubiBotter likes this.
  8. YubiBotter

For the most part I actually forgot about the PC thread, has been dormant for a while.
    Good to hear it's running well.

9. moneyblades

Ah well it was certainly an experience, was my first time building a pc and man It was worth every second and it is working perfectly just gotta set up dual monitors soon

10. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

@Arbiter So what's the rule going to be? No advertising in signatures, or no advertising in signatures unless you're a supporter?

11. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

Supporter justifies advertising in some way, because the Arbiter & co make money of off the advertising too, but it doesn't justify the littering of the forum for the rest of the users. If it's going to be supporters only, there also should be an option as supporter to disable advertising (and that's a bit double to me).

12. Tektovak

I like the supporter idea, but then again my say doesn't matter. I wouldn't advertise anything anyways, unless I made a bot.

13. Insomniac

No point in making a big deal about ads if they're still gonna stick around.

14. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

The official rule is no advertising in signatures, so we reserve the right to punish/remove such content. However, we can use our common sense to allow harmless external links or light promotion in signatures.