1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pricing system needs to be changed !

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by kapsaaju420, May 7, 2018.

1. kapsaaju420

Its been already countless euros wasted, thanks to this retarded system. I start script bot and it already takes my money for full hour. Sometimes settings are wrong and bot needs to be restarted, sometimes bot doesnt work at all or crashes within first few minutes. Or its just shitty bot without good enough description, what it can do. Make it take money after 5-10 minutes runtime or make some system where bot takes money, but if it works only less than xx minutes we get automatical refund. Make it so that clients are happy and willing to give money, not take money and fuck clients.

2. Triage

Here is what I suggest you to do.

1. Before starting any paid bot, read the most recent reviews.
    2. Look through the forum thread and see if people have reported any issues.
    3. If not, carefully examine the script bot settings and only choose start when everything is as you want it to be.
    4. If something doesn't work or the bot breaks, report it on the forums with logs and stop using it until it works again.
    The problem with charging after x amount of minutes it that people can abuse this, they could technically stop the bot after 10 minutes and not get charged and then restart the bot.

This specific issue has been brought up multiple of times already and the answer is the same every time. I doubt it will change.

You could always use any of the free botmakers out there such as VisualRM, Architect or similar and make your own if whatever bot you want to use is breaking/doesn't function properly.

Rawb1992 and Wet Rag like this.
  3. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

System wont change and that has been made clear by @Arbiter .

4. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

OR

How about you read one of the many stickied FAQ/help threads that clearly explain what you should do in such a scenario:

Tutorial - Wallet and Premium Bots FAQ

Why am I charged every time I start an instance?:
    Upon starting the bot you will be charged for the first hour of use. If you only run the bot for 30 minutes, you will still have been charged for the full hour. If you stop the bot manually and restart it, you will be charged again. If the bot breaks or doesn't work and you feel as though you deserve a refund, post in the relevant forum thread for the bot you are using, providing supporting evidence (eg: how the bug occurred and log files) and it is at the author's discretion whether they refund you.

EvilCabbage likes this.
  5. creashun

I also agree with kapsaa. Although what you guys are saying makes sense, you can read the reviews and check the ratings and they are all good viable methods but sometimes even the reviews are outdated and the forum discussion isn't recent either. There are a lot of updates on RS or on runemate that break some bots and some authors are quick to update their bots but some aren't and at this time the person paying for that laziness/cost is the bot user.

It's also understandable that your argument is that people will start abusing the "free" ride if bots didn't charge for their first 10 minutes but it doesn't have to be as long as 10 minutes, speaking for myself only but i'm sure for most people setting up a bot doesn't take more than 2-3 minutes so even if the "free" period was for 4-5 minutes, it would be plenty and i don't think there are many people desperate enough here to run a bot for 4 minutes 59 seconds and restart it and run it again over and over again for the "free" ride.

It also makes sense that you are asking the bot users to record the logs if the bot didn't work, make a forum post, upload the logs, have the bot author review them, wait for bot author to feel if they need to refund and then have the receive the refund but instead of having two people do all that, wouldn't it be easier to just add a 4-5 minute "courtesy" period? It is always nice that other people's time gets wasted instead of your own but i mean that affects paying customers and from a customer service point of view it would make sense to add something small to save a big hassle for the customer.

My two cents anyways, I've been living with this system but it is annoying to be charged for a broken bot, not that it breaks your bank or anything because realistically in your entire time using RM, you maybe spend additional $5.00 in these "extra" charges which for most people would probably be peanuts in the long run but it just a bit annoying, that is all.

TLDR; Easier to add a 4-5 minute courtesy period instead of having a bot user going through the work of uploading,posting logs and having the bot author reviewing, refunding etc etc.

6. kapsaaju420

I thought also about that people would abuse, but lets say 5 min for free...Who starts bot every 5 minutes, fills all settings ?...Better to play legit.

7. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

I'll give you the brutal truth.

Nothing will change.

8. MeshOSRS

MeshOSRS What's good in the hood?

Maybe they could add 3 grace periods of 10 min per day or something.

9. Mia Malkova

Some authors don't refund. Like Prime for example, I used his Wintertodt script bot while back, asked for refund never got it. Pretty sure I left two messages.

10. Triage

Prime Wintertodt? Party always refunds, always did for me as long as it's with good reason. I just don't think he's super active at the moment.

11. Mia Malkova

Wintetodt and pest control.

idk I commented on the posts and then commented on his profile.

12. JoJo

what was your reason for wanting a refund?

13. Mia Malkova