1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RuneMate 2.0 Spectre

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Arbiter, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

The only "new feature" that we can mention at this point is that the vast majority of bot computations are offloaded onto a separate JVM. This provides the benefit of both better resource management and side steps any type of detection that could be based on resource usage.

Derk likes this.
  2. InfidelAllah

Sweet, Can you PM me any deets on the RS clients at the moment? Main concern is do they have any anti debugging/anything that is going to flag my IP/hwid ect... >.<

Since the bot computations are on a separate jvm, and suppose they do process/application scanning, What about the scripts bots that create a task that branches off of the clients protection (I have no idea is this happens now, I am somewhat new here, But I think I have seen a few scripts bots that seem to pull resources from somewhere else, aka GE and other price resources), Do we know if Jagex does IP checking like VAC? Will there be some sort of sandbox? Is there a sandbox currently?

Ik this is sensitive and the dev team does not want to make any type of false promises and such, But I am just curios to what is/could be done!

Feel free to PM and not post, I am currently working on learning all of these API calls :D

3. Swiss396

Swiss396 Metalhead

That will be interesting! Though, I hope that Jagex won't update to NXT in next weeks. And yes, as there was stated before, please don't write any information about the anti-ban features, etc... Good luck with developing Spectre ;)

4. czcompl

sound like good,each 2.8gb ram in rs3 for now lol

5. terrorbyte

I forgot to ask, will new RM client be less resource-intensive then the current one? I keep running into high RAM and CPU usage which is kind of annoying. lol requires me to boost my hardware.

6. Andrew Myers

This sounds amazing keep up the good work :)

7. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Phase A Dev Update

As promised, here is the development update on RuneMate 2.0 Spectre. We began from scratch with a new code base and code repository, making sure that we can take this opportunity to review and optimize every part of the application. So far the core of the project is in late stages of development. There are several more tasks that need to be done before the objectives of Spectre will have been met, but we're well on our way.

Unfortunately due to how drastic of a paradigm shift Spectre is, a large portion of the API's internals are going to need to be rewritten which may introduce some delays although I'm not going to jump the gun and say that we need more time just yet. In addition to that, the current structure of the API may not be optimal performance wise so we're considering introducing an optional new API that would better utilize the core (post-release).

One of the new features that will be made possible by Spectre is "tabbed botting", although not quite in the way you may be used to. Multiple bots can be controlled from the same management interface, separated by tabs. This should make it easier for our power users to control larger amount of bots at once. The reason "tabbed botting" is in quotes is because only the bots will be running in the tabs. The game itself will be running in separate, isolated Java virtual machines (JVMs). This method is analogous of how Google Chrome has a separate process for each browser tab allowing for blazing fast speeds.

Before anyone jumps to a conclusion about what Spectre really is, it is not a Java agent attached at startup like some of our competitors use. From our extensive evaluation of options we have found that detecting that method is far too easy for our taste. We're still using a form of reflection as we always have, although with our new approach we do have more flexibility than we did in the past.

tl;dr Spectre development is coming along well and although we had a few unexpected hurdles we think we're on schedule for a release at the end of the countdown. There are a couple time intensive tasks in regards to upgrading the API that could potentially delay it, but it's too soon for us to guess. Multiple bots can be ran on one JVM per bot manager and be able to be controlled through a tabbed interface while each instance of the game will run in its own JVM.

SlashnHax, Derk, Scrimmyy and 5 others like this.
  8. Aria

So to clarify, that means for 15 instances of RuneMate, the system resource cost will now only be x + 15y, instead of 15x + 15y, right?

9. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Assuming x is RuneMate and y is RuneScape, not necessarily. Bots will have their own dedicated JVM but their resource load won't necessarily decrease. It'll just be more distributed and have more room to better utilize what's available.

vipertrek79 likes this.
  10. Evuls

I'm excited now. I need to save back some cash for supporter so I can flex this PC a little.

11. Insomniac

So... realistically speaking, it'll be released very very soon(tm)?

vipertrek79 likes this.
  12. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

The ETA is for the 14th, so next week is the estimated release time for phase A. As he said they're pretty much on track, it will hopefully be ready by then but the api changes may delay it a little.

@Cloud Will spectre be a waste of time if NXT comes out soon? Or will a lot of what you've done be utilized in the support for the NXT client?

Insomniac likes this.
  13. terrorbyte

I just want to know how much resource-intensive will this new client be on your computer @Cloud Hopefully it will be much lighter then the current client.

14. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Spectre won't be a waste of time although I would be rather sad to have to re-enter heavy development mode soon.
    The load will be better distributed.

terrorbyte and vipertrek79 like this.
  15. hey

hey

@Cloud @Aidan
    Will RuneMate spectre come with a new method how RM moves the mouse through all (x,y) tiles?
    Just want a yes/no Answer. Thanks

16. Aidden

Uh.... why? It currently uses recorded human mouse movements. Why would you need anything else.

17. SlashnHax

Seems like an incredibly vague question on his behalf.

He could be asking if mouse hopping will be added.
    He could be asking if the current biometrics approach will be the exact same, or modified.
    He could be asking if the biometrics approach will be continued, or swapped out in favour of another approach.
    He could be asking about on a lower level, if the mouse input/events will be sent to the client the same way, or by some new method (driver spoofing or something).

There's no real way you could give a yes/no answer without leaving yourself wide open for it to be misinterpreted xD

kristiaan likes this.
  18. kristiaan

Cant wait till the 14th :)

WYD likes this.
  19. Aidden

Keep in mind it IS an ETA. So it may not be ready then. Estimates are estimates for a reason.

20. kristiaan

I know friend :)
    I trust @Arbiter and @Cloud to make a quality product :)
    So i don't care if its ready in 45h's or in 1000h's :)
    Its the end result that matters :)

terrorbyte and Aidden like this.