1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RuneMate SAVES our passwords in PLAINTEXT

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by rcoder, Dec 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

"Arguing on the internet is like running at the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded." - Albert Einstein, 1889

2. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Because bruteforcing doesn't decrypt anything. Besides, it takes so astronomically long to bruteforce common encryptions that it's not even a viable option to consider.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 17, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 17, 2017 ---
    I knew Einstein and he did not say that.

Derk and Aidden like this.
  3. Qosmiof2

Qosmiof2 I've been called a god before.

welllll computers are getting powerfull af soooo

4. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

yeah unless they get doubly exponentially more powerful that's still not going to be enough

5. Qosmiof2

Qosmiof2 I've been called a god before.

Weeeelllll maybe one day tho

6. staffix

staffix Superior All Knowing Person!

it's a radon kit, stop throwing them away please.

7. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Ok

8. staffix

staffix Superior All Knowing Person!

Don't panic, we should have food for 14 days.. after that.. we have a difficult conversation.

delta likes this.
  9. dankb4nk

you guys arguing are just adorable

Jux7apose likes this.
  10. forbobo

wait you're actually retarded. I thought you were just trolling. I was about to back you up cus i thought it was just a meme thread.

delta likes this.
  11. delta

1.) If you were halfway intelligent you would know that it's encrypted. 256-AES I am guessing which is the latest in encryption standard technology, I bet they even use 1024-2048 RSA handshake upon logging into the site. I seriously hope this is a troll, because if it's not your retarded.

2.) Set up authentication, are you retarded? No, for real... I am not trying to be mean but use some common sense. The only way someone can get by an authentication is if they RDP your desktop, or create a guest session in the background and login from your network. If you can use VM you must be at least halfway smart to use a Dynamic IP address (unplug if you have been hacked, clean your PC then plug it back in). RuneMate is not a virus either before you on rant, run it in sandbox if your that paranoid. Run KeyScrambler like I do (encrypts your keystrokes from the very first process) 99.9% of RATs (Remote Admin Tools a.k.a malicious users) cannot see this anymore.

3.) Don't be an idiot and use common sense, that's how I use RuneMate. Use some logic before you come on this form accusing them of "holding your password improperly." Or the cute way you say it like your some kind of programmer or software engineer "plain text." ;)

After thought:
    Let's say it's not encrypted (Use Authenticator, use Key Scrambler) problem solved. Now GTFO.

#71 delta, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  12. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

By your own admission, all user credentials are encrypted client-side before being sent to the server. The server stores and responds with the cyphertext once the user is authenticated. The cyphertext is then decrypted client-side.

I gave you the chance to correct your absurd declaration, which you were intelligent enough to do. I know your heart was in the right place, but the fact that you don't know the difference between plaintext and cleartext tells me you are an amateur and the fact that you made this claim without first verifying tells me you have some maturing to do. However I am always glad to see young people interested in the burgeoning field of cryptography, so please continue educating yourself on it.

Locking thread to protect you from the deluge of hate you've been getting.

awesome123man, Derk, Qosmiof2 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.