1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runemate Supporter Changes

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by American Express, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Party

Party Client Developer

Can you bump the PM? Can't seem to find one?

2. sononrs3

i like the payment options put i dont like how small hours we are getting
    we should get a months worth of hours which is 720 hours
    not 4 days worth of hours
    if its kept like this a lot of people would lose interests especially when someone new wants to bot here but is restricted to only bot 10 hrs a day to compensate 4 that

3. Geashaw

There we go, le supporter!

4. Jhinn

Sponsor* :D

5. Geashaw

Yeah, that too xD

Jhinn likes this.
  6. Party

Party Client Developer

Can you not see how faulty this logic is?

7. sononrs3

How is my logic faulty im just saying that putting a restriction by giving botters a only a certain amount of hours might hurt
    Im ok with the options right now

8. max4186

I mean what I thought made RuneMate different from the rest is that it was free and made for the community, atleast that's what I thought. I don't mind donating a few dollars to give back but having to donate $7.20 for a single account a month to be able to bot as much as I want is too much. Probably gonna get a few admins replying "Go elsewhere then" but y0l0.

Was going to donate already but unable to cause they only accept PayPal :(

#28 max4186, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  9. Dylan Turner

$7.20 or sit at your computer 24/7 for a month, you decide what you wanna do ;)

10. Archangel

Will there be a way to check how many hours you have used?

11. Party

Party Client Developer

Yeah but the likelihood of you have 100% uptime on your bots is negligible, and if you were botting 24/7 you'd make back considerably more than what you paid. You said you bot on your main so you must bot for a max of like, 8 hours a day? Even doing that every day means you only pay $3 and have 60 hours left over for when you're feeling spicy.

RuneMate is still free to use, but now there are further restrictions. Even if you decide to pay, the costs are still substantially lower than the market average.
    What people seem to forget, or just don't think about at all, is that RuneMate has pretty heavy running costs, and we need to exceed those running costs in order to survive and expand.

There already is, Log in | Community | RuneMate
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 12, 2016 ---
    The only people it will hurt is those that want to use the bot heavily and don't want to pay. If anything, if this successfully increases revenue, it enables us to work on more cool features for you in future.

Arbiter likes this.
  12. sononrs3

100 hours is not enough
    this new way might drive botters away

13. Party

Party Client Developer

What do you do that requires 100 hours?

14. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

It's 200 hours, which is almost 7 hours a day. If you're botting more than 7 hours a day everyday for a whole month (which is risky on a single account) then you are considered a power user. Power users make mad gains/exp/profit/etc. and are now being asked to give back. If that drives you away, then please feel welcome to find a better alternative. I'm confident that you won't. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TehamiBro, American Express and Party like this.
  15. sononrs3

im try to get 99s on all skills i have 14 99s
    so how am i gonna pay to play 4 more hours when im just simply not gainning profit just try to get 99s
    i botted 20 hours a day just to get those 99s
    and now im restricted to bot only 200 hours as a free user
    i make no profit what soever
    i just level my skills to 99 and i have to real world trade to have money

16. Skyscrapers

with the new payment system, it should be mandatory that every bot has failsafes. if runescape updates, some bots continue to run but it's not actually doing anything or it just keeps trying to log you in. also if you die, the bot just stands there and doesn't close. those wasted hours add up.

Gengsta, sononrs3 and Dylan Turner like this.
  17. NobleFrenzy

This was eventually gonna happened
    im fine with new regulations

18. Driftson

Driftson Shooting up KFC's

Can you all stop fucking queering. PSA WE NEED ARTISANS AND THIEVING GUILD BOTS
    EDIT: oh and what happens when you run out of time do you have to re-sub for supporter or what, because i dont want to wait like 15 days just to re-sub ( for this month because i wasnt aware duh )

19. hegsmate

I dont care about having to pay, But I think there should be more well polished bots.

Maybe from cloud and arbiter, I know you guys are busy asf, But just a suggestion

20. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

Yeah, if you run out just pay again and it will start from the date of purchase. Just make sure to cancel the subscription in paypal so that you don't start paying multiple times in the next month without being aware of it.
    We do not and will not support bitcoin afaik.

You can't tell me that you make no money levelling up your account. Many of the skills make a good profit going from 1-99 so that's a lie.
    Considering paying $7.20 for the month would get you multiple 99's and is CHEAPER than paying someone to get you a single 99 you should stop complaining. You're making gains whether it be gold or levels. And honestly, if you can't work out how to spend a couple of sessions goldfarming to make back the $7.20 back then you have bigger problems in your life than the price for supporter.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016 ---
    This is a good point, however it's hard to ensure the bots work perfectly all the time. If a considerable amount of hours are wasted by a bot stuffing up and just doing nothing then you might be able to make an appeal to @Arbiter to get the hours back. However, you should know that it's always been recommended to babysit your bots on every client that is out, so the loss is your own fault if this happens.

Driftson likes this.