1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Scanning the bank doesn't work on the first scan when RuneMate is started

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by SuperBotter, Aug 14, 2017.

1. SuperBotter

SuperBotter Super Bot Author

I noticed that when the bank is scanned for the first time after RuneMate is opened, it doesn't notice all of the items.

I tested this using the Dev Toolkit. I started RuneMate from IntelliJ (with -sdk as a command line argument). When I opened the Bank tab in the Dev Toolkit it only showed a small subset of the contents of the bank (the bank was open in RuneScape). Closing and reopening the tab made it show the full contents. Restarting the Dev Toolkit made it show the full contents the first time. The issue only happens on the first scan performed in the RuneMate window. Each time the bug occurs, it shows a random subset of the bank of a random size (usually around 4-5 but once it was ~20).

In my bot I use Bank.getQuantity(itemName) and the bug caused the bot to think that the bank didn't have any of that item, when in fact it did. Restarting the bot made it work properly, further confirming that this bug only occurs the first time the Bank is accessed.

Sorry if this is hard to read, its 3am in my timezone right now. If anyone needs more information from me I would be happy to provide it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 12, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 12, 2017 ---
    After looking around the forums a bit I realized that this bug might be related to @Guru's bug here.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 14, 2017 ---
    Is there anything I can do about this @Cloud @Party? Right now I'm just making my bot scan the bank twice and check if the values change to work around the bug.