1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug WebPath returning null

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by younggsus, Jun 17, 2020.

1. younggsus

i couldn't find anything here on the forums helping with this issue so hopefully this post can be the last.

i'm trying to just walk from the east fally bank to south of fally and it's failing to build a default path

Code (Text):
    2. private final Coordinate standCoord = new Coordinate(3003, 3312, 0);
    3. private final Area treeArea = new Area.Circular(standCoord, 8);
    5. if (Players.getLocal() != null && !treeArea.contains(Players.getLocal())) {
    6.     final WebPath path = Traversal.getDefaultWeb().getPathBuilder().buildTo(standCoord);
    7.     if (path == null) {
    8.         System.out.println("tree path is null");
    9.         return;
    10.     }
    11.     path.step(true);
    12. }
    i'm also doing the same thing for walking to the bank, only difference is is i'm using Rectangular for bankArea.

i just switched from another botting client and so i'm pretty new to the runemate api if it's changed or i'm doing something wrong any help is great, thanks.

2. UltiScripts

Same issue. Seems to be broken.

3. Infinite Monkeys

Bump, is WebPath still broken?

4. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Web path has been mostly broken for about a year. Cloud does seem to be more actively updating now though, so it's possible it'll get fixed within the order of weeks/a couple months, but that hasn't been completely confirmed.

You'll want to use regionpaths for short distances (or stitched together ones for long distances), or waypointpath for long, or a custom web, or bresenham for very short/as a backup.

5. Infinite Monkeys

Ah ok, thanks
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 16, 2020, Original Post Date: Nov 16, 2020 ---
    RegionPath keeps clicking about 1/4 the distance to the edge of the minimap rather than right at the edge, is that also a known bug?

6. CuppaJava

It's a known aspect, not 100% sure if it'd be considered a bug or not. There are options for setMaxDistance (I forget the exact function) but I never got them to work. What I did to get around it was check each vertex from the path and click the one that was furthest out while still clickable on minimap. Not the most efficient thing to do, but yeah

7. Infinite Monkeys

Cloud says here that it's supposed to click the furthest point on the path: Question - How to walk efficiently?
    So I guess it's a bug. I'll use that workaround for now, thanks.

8. younggsus

how would one go about creating a custom web?

9. CuppaJava

Custom Web Maker

dahnae likes this.
  10. screamopancakes

Looks like that resource has been deleted, we outta luck until it comes back or webpath is fixed?

CuppaJava likes this.
  11. CuppaJava

@awesome123man I think the Custom Web Maker bot got removed, was it just because of the heuristic thinking it was unused? Could you re-up it?
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 7, 2021, Original Post Date: Mar 7, 2021 ---
    @screamopancakes awesome123man mat be able to re-up it, otherwise I think @dahnae had a copy of it too

12. screamopancakes

@CuppaJava Thanks for the response, I'll keep my eye on this thread for any updates from anyone.

13. dahnae

Here's the source of what I think is the most up to date version. I'll let @awesome123man upload it to the bot store, but that could take a few days, depending of svn pushers availablity.
    Filebin :: bin ayv3b3mkz258qf52

awesome123man and CuppaJava like this.
  14. screamopancakes

@dahnae I appreciate the files there :) was able to start building my webPath.

I noticed it doesnt seem to handle doors/other obstacles by default.
    Is there anything special I have to do to import those?

15. Dark sage

Dark sage Misfits

you would have to create an enum and handler for doors/obstacles

16. awesome123man

awesome123man Go check out new bots and give helpful feedback.

I think my new version supports some of it... Let me upload the .zip here...

Attached Files:

screamopancakes and dahnae like this.
  17. screamopancakes

@awesome123man Looks like both versions did, It was just rendering the name of the objects as white text on a white background so it was impossible to use, adjusted that now and it works well.

Might do a little more improving on it as far as recognizing the correct objects to be added to the web, still a lot of manual work to map everything even with this tool.

Mostly for doors, should be pretty easy to detect the direction the door is facing and automatically place the input/output cords accordingly.

EDIT: Doors are weird with how the direction is setup, probably gunna just set the input/output based on the door cord + checking which tiles next to the door are walkable.

Ladders/stairs might be able to get away with parsing through the options and doing a +1 or -1 to the Z axis based on which options it found("Climb Up" +1, "Climb Down" -1).

#17 screamopancakes, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    CuppaJava likes this.
  18. SlashnHax

If I remember correctly, doors are pretty consistent, at least normal doors. I think you can use the orientation angle (might have to slightly modify it, .e.g +45) to work out which coordinate is the coordinate past the closed door.
    It's been a while and I've got old man brain so I could be mis-remembering. The main issue was that the direction didn't line up with the door, a north facing door had a north-west direction or something, but the difference was consistent and could be rectified.

screamopancakes likes this.
  19. screamopancakes

Yup that is what I'm finding as I dig more into it as well, I was just being a dummy the first time around.

20. SlashnHax

Also ladders and stairs aren't always as simple as Z +/- 1, in some cases they can lead to a location on another plane a long way away.
    I think I used to do something like, if a staircase/ladder exists on coordinate z+/-1 and the name matches, and it has an action that corresponds with the staircase/ladder I'm currently looking at.

The one thing I struggled with most was minimization, since having a 1:1 graph isn't exactly feasible for the RuneMate Web format, but I can't say that I spend too much time dealing with it and settled for something that just worked.

screamopancakes likes this.