1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug WebPath returning null

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by younggsus, Jun 17, 2020.

1. screamopancakes

Ill try to keep the ladder stuff in mind, right now im headed to bed.
    Got the doors in lumbridge mostly working, except when a door is already open while its being mapped. https://i.imgur.com/7KwzCx9.png

Given most of the open doors are only 1 ID number off of the original door would grabbing the closed version of the door by ID work?

2. SlashnHax

Yeah, I had that issue too when grabbing flags from the game. Is there any chance you could work out what the closed door would be based on the open door and add the collision flag?

3. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

When i was writing my web builder i had to do that. If i remember correctly you can use the orientation of the closed door to determine the direction it will swing. However, some cities swing the opposite direction for some reason. Not sure if there's a better way to do it.

awesome123man likes this.
  4. awesome123man

awesome123man Go check out new bots and give helpful feedback.

Can you use the orientation of the Door GameObject and based off the orientation, figure out which way you can go thru it, then remove the inputs and outputs of the Vertex where the Door is, and add a Bidirectional Edge on both sides of the Door? Just a thought.

5. generalsensei

Is this still an issue? Seems like my path only returns whenever the local player is already standing very near/directly next to the last point. @Cloud

6. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

It frequently still is but some solutions are being experimented with.